Red Bulls November FIFA Window International Round Up
Harrison, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls will have eight players competing during the FIFA's November International Break as seven will represent their respective senior national teams and one with an Under-20 national team from November 11 through November 21.
Tyler Adams and Aaron Long will join the United States Men's National team for their international friendlies against England (Nov. 15) and Italy (Nov. 20). Fidel Escobar and
Michael Amir Murillo head back to join the Panamanian National team for two international friendlies, one against Honduras (Nov. 16) and the other against Ecuador (Nov. 20). Derrick Etienne, Jr. rejoins Haiti for their Concacaf Nations League Qualifiers against Nicaragua (Nov. 17) and El Salvador (Nov. 20). Kemar Lawrence will also have a Concacaf Nations League Qualifying match with Jamaica against Montego Bay (Nov. 17). Kaku returns with the Paraguayan National team and their newly hired head coach Juan Carlos Osorio for their international friendly against South Africa (Nov. 20).
Cristian Casseres Jr. will head into the U-20 Venezuelan national team camp to train with teammates for the international break.
Long earned his first senior cap in October's 1-1 draw against Peru, playing a full 90 minutes as part of a backline that allowed just three shots on goal. He received his first national team call - at any level - for the September camp and friendlies against Brazil and Mexico, and yesterday was named to the November roster for matches against England and Italy.
Tyler Adams got his first international goal in the U.S.' 2-0 win over Mexico on September 11, in his seventh senior cap. Adams has earned a call up to every USMNT match since getting his first cap last November against Portugal. The Wappingers Falls, New York, native did not play in the last two friendlies due to a back injury.
Murillo and Escobar have been featured regularly for Panama this season. Murillo has appeared in eight matches, two FIFA World Cup and six International Friendlies, while Escobar saw action in all three World Cup games and six International Friendlies. Murillo has tallied 585 minutes of action and Escobar has recorded 728 minutes played for Panama in 2018.
Haiti's Derrick Etienne, Jr. and Jamaica's Kemar Lawrence will help their respective national teams in their Concacaf Nations League Qualification. Etienne recently tallied a goal in Haiti's 13-0 won over Sint Maarten and an assist against Saint Lucia in a 2-1 victory. Lawrence helped the Reggae Boyz to a 4-0 win over the Cayman Islands with an assist.
Kaku will head to the Paraguay National team camp for the third-straight time. New York's Young Designated Player made his first career appearance for Paraguay on June 12 in an International Friendly against Japan as he came off the bench and played 31 minutes.
All eight players will return on November 21 ahead of the first leg of the Eastern Conference Championship.
New York advanced to the Eastern Conference Championship on a 3-1 aggregate and will face Atlanta United in the conference championship. The two legs of the conference championship is set for Nov. 25 and Nov. 29 with the Red Bulls hosting the second leg as the top seed in the East.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 14, 2018
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Names Kyle Sheldon Senior Vice President, Marketing - Chicago Fire
- FCC's Emmanuel Ledesma Voted USL Most Valuable Player - FC Cincinnati
- Applications to Join LA Galaxy Star Squad for 2019 Season Are Now Open - Los Angeles Galaxy
- New England Revolution Academy Update: November 14, 2018 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls November FIFA Window International Round Up - New York Red Bulls
- Cityzens Giving Is Back - Helping Young Leaders Around the World Use Soccer to Change Lives - New York City FC
- Applications Are Open for FC Dallas Foundation Community Action Grants Presented by CornerStone Staffing - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Move up in Waiver Draft, Select Marcus Epps
- New York Red Bulls Re-Sign Tim Parker
- New York Red Bulls Acquire Defender Amro Tarek from Orlando City SC
- Ndam Selected by FC Cincinnati in MLS Expansion Draft
- New York Red Bulls Announce Protected Player List