Rebels Sign Arjun Bawa
RED DEER, AB - Brent Sutter, General Manager/Head Coach of the Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club, announced today the signing of forward Arjun Bawa. Bawa was a Rebels 2nd round selection, 36th overall, in the 2020 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.
Bawa is from Richmond, B.C. and played last season with St. George's School Bantam Prep team in the Canadian Sport School Bantam Hockey League. In 30 games, he had 16 goals, 25 assists for 41 points.
Bawa's father Robin, played professional hockey for 12 years, including time in the National Hockey League with the Washington Capitals, Vancouver Canucks, San Jose Sharks, and the Anaheim Ducks. Robin Bawa also played in the WHL with the New Westminster Bruins and the Kamloops Junior Oilers/Blazers.
Shaun Sutter, Red Deer Rebels Assistant General Manager: "Arjun is a tall, cerebral, two way forward who has good vision and skill to be a playmaker while also possessing awareness on both sides of the puck to be a responsible player who can produce offensively. His upside is high with his size, skill set and hockey sense."
Hometown: Richmond, B.C.
DOB: May 10, 2005
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 7, 2020
- Broncos Sign Grayson Burzynski to WHL Standard Player Agreement - Swift Current Broncos
- Hitmen Sign American Prospect Briggs Orr - Calgary Hitmen
- Blazers Sign 1st Round Pick Kaden Hammell - Kamloops Blazers
- Saskatchewan's Kozun Named Canada West Male Athlete of the Year - WHL
- Rebels Sign Arjun Bawa - Red Deer Rebels
- Brad Lauer Named Recipient of Dunc McCallum Memorial Trophy for WHL Coach of the Year - Edmonton Oil Kings
- WHL Announces Edmonton Oil Kings Head Coach Brad Lauer as Recipient of Dunc McCallum Memorial Trophy Presented by McSweeney's - WHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.