Rattlers Add Speed by Picking up Veteran WR Mike Washington
The five-time world champion Arizona Rattlers were assigned wide receiver Michael Washington for the 2016 Arena Football League (AFL) season on Wednesday. This will be his first season with the Rattlers, his sixth in the AFL.
Washington played for the Pittsburgh Power from 2011 to 2013 and the Spokane Shock from 2014 to 2015. While with Pittsburgh, Washington set single-season franchise records with 136 receptions for 1,595 yards and 36 touchdowns in 18 games. Washington was ranked as the 30th best player in the AFL Top 50 players of 2014.
The 5-foot-8, 180 pound Washington attended the University of Hawaii. During Washington's senior year he was named all-WAC second team. He was also part of the 2007 Warriors team that went undefeated and won the WAC championship.
The Aliquippa, Pennsylvania native attended Aliquippa High School. During his senior year, he was named all-state (class AA) defensive back by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Washington was a multi-sport athlete lettering in football, basketball, and track. He also was a member of the National Honor Society and ranked sixth in his graduating class.
Images from this story
WR Mike Washington with the Spokane Shock vs. the Philadelphia Soul
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from March 2, 2016
- Rattlers Add Speed by Picking up Veteran WR Mike Washington - Arizona Rattlers
- Storm Improves Special Teams - Tampa Bay Storm
- Steel Announces 2016 Training Camp Schedule - Portland Steel
- AFL Approves Rule Changes for New Season - AFL
- Orlando Predators Announce 2016 Training Camp - Orlando Predators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arizona Rattlers Stories
- Auditions Set for the 2019 Arizona Sidewinders
- Rattlers Announce Open Tryout
- Rattlers Name Oscar Hernandez as Sidewinders Director; Shelby Regier as Assistant Director
- Sidewinders Angie Baker Named Director of Cheerleaders for Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Rattlers; Detroit Drive Still Only Teams to Three-Peat