Raptors 905 Acquire Returning Rights to Watson
Raptors 905 announced Tuesday they have acquired the returning rights to guard Paul Watson and a third-round pick (78th overall) in the 2019 NBA G League Draft from the Westchester Knicks in exchange for the returning rights to forward JJ Moore and the fourth overall pick in the 2019 NBA G League Draft.
Watson, 6-foot-6, 210 pounds, played 95 games with the Knicks over the last two seasons, averaging 7.3 points, 4.2 rebounds, 1.0 assists and 28.9 minutes. A native of Phoenix, Arizona, he dressed in four games as a member of the G League Elite Team this summer, posting averages of 14.3 points, 4.5 rebounds and 24.0 minutes. Watson also participated in the Raptors' entry at NBA Summer League 2017 in Las Vegas.
Raptors 905 acquired Moore and the fourth overall pick Sept. 23 in a three-team trade with the Long Island Nets and Windy City Bulls. The NBA G League Draft will take place Saturday, Oct. 26 at 1 p.m. with the 905 making its first selection 21st overall.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 15, 2019
- Celtics Complete Purchase of Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Raptors 905 Acquire Returning Rights to Watson - Raptors 905
- Memphis Hustle Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule - Memphis Hustle
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Ahmad Caver - Memphis Hustle
- Knicks Receive Returning Rights to JJ Moore for Paul Watson - Westchester Knicks
- Wolves Single-Game Tickets on Sale Today - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.