Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to PTO
SAN ANTONIO (December 26, 2006) - The San Antonio Rampage announced today that they have signed center Chris Ferraro and right wing Cam Paddock to Professional Tryout Offers.
Both players were called up from the Rampage's ECHL affiliate, the Phoenix RoadRunners and will join the Rampage tonight for their game against the Houston Aeros at the Toyota Center at 7 p.m.
Ferraro, 33, has scored three points (two goals, assist), in three games with the RoadRunners this season since signing with Phoenix on Dec. 18. The 12-year veteran began the year with the Hartford of the American Hockey League, where he appeared in one game with Wolf Pack.
Selected by the New York Rangers in the fourth round at the 1992 NHL Entry Draft along with his identical twin brother Peter, Ferraro has appeared in 74 NHL games over the course of his career with the Rangers, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, New York Islanders and Washington tallying seven goals, nine assists, and 57 penalty minutes.
The Port Jefferson, New York native won the AHL's 2002-03 Fred T. Hunt Memorial Award for sportsmanship, determination and dedication to hockey. In his AHL career, Ferraro has amassed 437 points (176 goals, 261 assists) and 901 penalty minutes in 458 games with Albany, Binghamton, Hamilton, Hartford, Portland, Providence, Springfield and Syracuse.
Paddock, 23, has recorded 19 points (five goals, 14 assists) in 29 games with the RoadRunners. The North Vancouver, British Columbia native who was selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the fifth round (137th overall) in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft has appeared in 21 AHL games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton over a three-year span.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2006
- Rampage rally falls short - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars win third straight - Iowa Chops
- Houston survives late goal - Houston Aeros
- Senators cruise past Crunch, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Peoria Powers Past Griffins, 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Recall Lee, Bahensky and Constant from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms upend Penguins - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hershey Beats Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rivermen Power Through Grand Rapids 4-3 on the Road - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears back in first place after downing Bridgeport, 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- 'Dogs hold on to down Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pair called up to New York - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms week in review - Adirondack Phantoms
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Keep Pace Near Top of Tight East Division Race - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers send Roy back to Bulldogs and recall Hejda - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rochester hosts Hamilton tonight - Rochester Americans
- Bears' Laing named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Lowell Splits the Week - Albany Devils
- Rampage Week 12 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers News - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Bears begin five games in six nights Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Ellis Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Recall Regehr, Moss From Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester signs Prudden to Professional Tryout Agreement - Worcester Sharks
- Flames Send Ference, Germyn to Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Sharks Look to Ring in New Year with "Bang" - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.