Rainmen to Host Cure on the Court
(Halifax, NS) The Halifax Rainmen will be holding their implementation of the National Basketball League of Canada's 'Cure On The Court' initiative tomorrow evening during their 7 p.m. match-up against the London Lightning.
Cure on the Court was developed by NBL Canada to support the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. Each of the league's teams has designated a home game in January or February to support the cause.
"We are thrilled that NBL Canada has chosen to support the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation through the 'Cure on the Court' initiative", says Jane Parsons, CEO of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation - Atlantic Region. "The time and effort that the teams are putting in to this initiative both on and off the court accentuates their commitment to our cause."
The Rainmen will be raising funds at the game tomorrow evening through their non-profit organization, the Rainmen Community Assist Society, by way of raffle tickets and a 50/50 lottery. The organization has also been selling their 'Bosom Buddy Pack', which includes two game tickets for $25.00, and gives $5.00 back directly to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation's Atlantic Chapter.
"The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation is an organization that is very near and dear to my heart," said Halifax Rainmen Preisdent & CEO, Andre Levingston, who lost his mother to the disease. "We're excited to be joining forces with our fans to help fight this awful disease, and hope that everyone will come out dressed head to toe in pink to show their support for the cause."
All proceeds raised during the evening will be donated to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation Atlantic Regions, helping them continue their important work with world-class researchers and clinicians who are contributing to groundbreaking progress in breast cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Tickets for the Cure on the Court game can be purchased at Ticket Atlantic Locations or at the Metro Centre Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 26, 2012
- Oshawa Power Falls Short - Mississauga Power
- Mill Rats Post Third Straight Win - Saint John Riptide
- Lightning Taken out by Miracles - London Lightning
- Rainmen Fall to Storm - Halifax Rainmen
- Miracles Take Down Top Ranked Lightning - Moncton Miracles
- Rainmen to Host Cure on the Court - Halifax Rainmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse