Rain Cuts Game Versus Colts Short
Alexandria, La. - August 10, 2008 - After an hour an 25 minutes, the game between the Alexandria Aces and San Angelo Colts with the Colts ahead 1-0 in the top of the sixth. The Colts scored the only run of the game in the top of the third. With one out, Charley Belew reached on a walk. Then, Tyrone Pendergrass hit a sharp groundball to third base. Homy Ovalles threw to second to force out Belew, but Pendergrass beat the throw to first to extend the inning. John Anderson delivered the game's only RBI with a triple down the left-field line to score Pendergrass from first to give the Colts a 1-0 lead. The Aces had a couple of great chances to score. In the third, with two outs, Luis Guance singled off the wall in right. After walks were issued to Selwyn Langaigne and Brian Nichols to load the bases, Rafael Ozuna grounded out to end the inning. In the bottom of the fourth. Andre Marshall led off with a triple over a leaping Pendergrass in center. Jose Umbira flied out to right, but it wasn't deep enough to score Marshall from third. After Homy Ovalles struckout, Eddie Fitzpatrick grounded out to third, leaving Marshall stranded at third. Both pitchers went all five innings. Aces starter Alejandro Martinez allowed one run on two hits. The right-hander struck out three and walked four. Colts starter Chris Weast pitched five shutout innings, scattering four hits, and striking out two. The Aces will host a three-game series against the Amarillo Dillas starting Tuesday. Wayne Hedden for the Aces will face the first-half champion Dillas with the game starting a 5:05.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from August 10, 2008
- Coyotes Sweep Crucial Series - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Broncos Swept Out of Edinburg - Laredo Broncos
- Dillas Stun WhiteWings in Eighth - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Colts win 50th game of season in rain-shortened game - San Angelo Colts
- Rain Cuts Game Versus Colts Short - Alexandria Aces
- Colts hold off Aces' comeback, win 10-7 - San Angelo Colts
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th