Rain can't stop the Colts
San Angelo, TX--After the rain fell for nearly 4 hours at Foster Field, finally the surface was deemed ready for play at nearly 9 PM. Chris Flanagan took the hill for the Colts in search of his 5th win of the year, and would not disappoint the fans who stuck out the dreary conditions. Chris was dominant for 7 innings, as he'd allow just 1 run on 4 hits while striking out 7 to secure the Colts 2nd win of the series. The offense jumped to life on a 2-run single off the bat of Matt Sanchez. The Cats would answer with a run in the 5th on a Jon Marshall sacrifice fly. In the 6th, San Angelo would come roaring back with a 5 run frame to knock out the Ft. Worth starter Shad Williams and when the dust settled, San Angelo had rolled to a decisive 7-1 win. The final 14 Cats hitters were retired without reaching as the combination of Flanagan and Luis Salazar was too much to handle. Bert Aguilar led the San Angelo attack with a 2-4 night, including an RBI double while Terrence T-Dog Greene had 2 singles in 3 at-bats.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from June 25, 2004
- Rain can't stop the Colts - San Angelo Colts
- Central League recap - Central League
- Sports win first half championship - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Aviators- Dillas game rained out - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Cats sign outfielder Pat Hannon - Fort Worth Cats
- Smith makes CBL history in 6-3 Aviators win - Coastal Bend Aviators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.