RailCats Announce Full Schedule and Opening Day for 2019 Season
GARY, IN - Don't miss your chance to be part of all the family friendly fun at the Steel Yard as the three-time champion Gary SouthShore RailCats release their 100-game 2019 schedule for their 18th season on the South Shore!
Opening Day for the 'Cats will be Tuesday, May 21st, beginning a three-game series with the Chicago Dogs. Opening Day will be the first of 12 explosive fireworks shows, courtesy of Fifth Third Bank, including a kickoff to Independence Day with a Fireworks Super Show on June 29th! The RailCats will also have a Memorial Day Weekend Fireworks Super Show on May 26th and an end of the season Labor Day Weekend Fireworks Super Show on September 1st.
"Schedule release day is a date that we start looking forward to as it sets the tone for the season!" said RailCats General Manager Brian Flenner. "With the schedule release, our front office has a fun energy and we kick our 2019 planning into high gear to continue providing cutting edge promotions, and fun, family entertainment at an affordable price."
The RailCats will host three special Youth & Senior Day games on Wednesday, June 12th, Tuesday, July 16th, and Wednesday, July 31st at 12:10pm.
"Skip [Greg Tagert] is hard at work putting together our 2019 roster." said Flenner "Being the only team in the league to make the playoffs two years in a row gives us a lot to live up to!"
The RailCats will welcome a new North Division rival to the Steel Yard from August 2nd - August 4th and August 15th - August 17th. The Milwaukee Milkmen became the American Association's 12th team on February 27th.
"The American Association is proud to welcome Milwaukee as its newest member," American Association Commissioner Miles Wolff said in a press release. "We are excited to add the experience and professionalism of ROC Ventures to our league. We have a strong league, and we know that the fans in the Milwaukee area will be impressed by the quality of baseball and the quality of the stadium that will be presented to them in 2019."
The RailCats will host two special pre-season "School Day Games" for area students on Tuesday, May 7th at 11:10am and Monday, May 13th at 11:10am.
For updated promotional calendar, season ticket and group outing information, call 219-882-2255 or visit www.railcatsbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from November 14, 2018
- RailCats Announce Full Schedule and Opening Day for 2019 Season - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- F-M RedHawks Announce 2019 Schedule - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- T-Bones Announce 2019 Schedule - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saints Open 2019 Season with Record Tying 10 Straight at Home; Host All-Star Game - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Announce Schedule, Season Begins May 16th - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- 2019 American Association Schedule Released - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gary SouthShore Railcats Stories
- RailCats Acquire Southpaw Schaenzer from Can-Am League
- RailCats Acquire Infielder Figueroa from Atlantic League
- 'Cats Sign UTL Blodgett & RHP/OF Watkins to First Pro Contracts
- RailCats Acquire RHP Sinibaldi
- RailCats Announce Full Schedule and Opening Day for 2019 Season