QB Nick Arbuckle Named CFL's Top Performer for Week Three
TORONTO - The Canadian Football League announced today that Argonauts QB Nick Arbuckle has been named week three's Top Performer for his performance against Winnipeg.
Arbuckle, making his first start as a Toronto Argonaut, helped guide the Boatmen to a 30-23 victory over the defending Grey Cup champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers last Saturday evening at BMO Field.
The California native completed 23-of-32 passes for 310 yards and one passing touchdown, while rushing for another major halfway through the third quarter. This was Arbuckle's fourth career 300-yard passing game and it helped Toronto get to 2-1 and first place in the East Division.
Saskatchewan's Cody Fajardo and Edmonton's Greg Ellingson round out the rest of the league's Top Performers this week.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 24, 2021
- Great Neighbour Game at McMahon a Success - Calgary Stampeders
- Kasitati Returns to Stampeders - Calgary Stampeders
- QB Nick Arbuckle Named CFL's Top Performer for Week Three - Toronto Argonauts
- Nick Arbuckle, Cody Fajardo and Greg Ellingson named CFL Top Performers - CFL
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- Argos LB Dexter Mccoil Sr. Named Top Performer for Week 10 vs. Hamilton
- Argos to Host 1991 Championship Celebration When they Host the Ottawa Redblacks Tomorrow Night at BMO Field
- Argos Add American LB Justin Tuggle and American DB Jalen Collins
- Boatmen DB Shaq Richardson Named CFL Top Performer for Week Eight
- Argos Hire Chris Jones as Defensive Consultant