Public Voting for Republic FC Kickstart Grants Supporting Latinx Businesses Now Open
Sacramento, Calif. - With over 50 businesses nominated, fan and community voting for the Republic FC Kickstart program will begin today at SacRepublicFC.com/suncrestbank. The second edition of the program is focusing on supporting Latinx-owned small businesses in the greater Sacramento Region facing economic challenges as a result of the pandemic. With the support of Suncrest Bank and the Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the program will distribute a $5,000 grand prize grant, as well as a $2,500 award and three $1,000 grants.
Over 50 Latinx-led small businesses across a wide array of industry - restaurants and culinary creators, service providers, education, health and fitness, retailers and more - have been nominated to reach the next round of Republic FC Kickstart. To help bridge the resources gap that many minority-owned businesses experience, all nominees will have access to free educational services and consulting opportunities from Suncrest Bank.
Voting is now open and will run through November 24. Fans can vote for up to five businesses, casting one ballot daily. For a full list of nominees, visit SacRepublicFC.com/suncrestbank.
The top five businesses as selected through open voting will have one final opportunity to make their case for the $5,000 grant. The five finalists will create a sixty-second video that will be presented to a panel of community leaders including Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Board Members Mary Flores and Esmeralda Peña, Lisandro Madrigal of Chando's Tacos and KCRA 3's Lisa Gonzales, as well as representatives from Republic FC and Suncrest Bank.
Republic FC Kickstart awarded its first set of grants in October to support Black-owned, small-businesses in the region. Over 5,000 votes were cast to select the five finalists who each received a grant to help their business. An additional 50 businesses were granted opportunities through Suncrest Bank to receive free educational and consulting resources to help their business.
For additional information about Republic FC Kickstart, visit SacRepublicFC.com/suncrestbank.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 17, 2020
- Public Voting for Republic FC Kickstart Grants Supporting Latinx Businesses Now Open - Sacramento Republic FC
- Republic FC Begin Shaping 2021 Roster with Contract Options - Sacramento Republic FC
- USL Academy Team Adds New Layer to OC Pathway - Orange County SC
- FC Tulsa Signs Head Coach Michael Nsien to Multiyear Contract Extension - FC Tulsa
- LouCity Ushers in Next Chapter with Rebrand, New Logo - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Returning for 2021: Wheeler-Omiunu Bringing Some Bite to SRFC Midfield
- Around the Leagues: Holiday Weekend Showcasing Great Slate of Soccer
- Returning for 2021: Villarreal Patrols, Protects Central Pitch
- Team Store Website to Help with Holiday Gift Needs
- Returning for 2021: Diaz's Calming Presence Anchors the Defense