Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Philadelphia Union II
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC (10-4-1) finishes its regular season with a match against Philadelphia Union II (2-10-3) on Saturday, Oct. 3 at Highmark Stadium. The match is set to kick off at 7 p.m. and will be televised on 22 The Point.
The Hounds look to win this match in hopes of securing the Group F title, as they currently sit one point behind first-place Hartford Athletic (10-3-2). Hartford would also have to lose or tie against New York Red Bulls II on Sunday, in addition to a Hounds win, if Pittsburgh were to clinch the group. If both teams would finish with the same point total, tiebreakers would first be total wins followed by goal differential (Pittsburgh has a +28 and Hartford has a +5 goal differential).
The winner of Group F would host either Indy Eleven or Saint Louis FC in the conference quarterfinals whereas the second place Group F team would travel to play Louisville City FC to open the postseason.
This will be the third match between the two clubs this season. In their first matchup back on July 18, the Hounds routed Union II, 6-0, at Subaru Park. When the teams met back on Aug. 1, the Hounds posted another shutout, defeating Union II, 4-0, at Highmark Stadium. With two first-half assists in this latter meeting, Kenardo Forbes set the all-time assist record in USL Championship play with 38 helpers.
In the Hounds' last match, they fell to Hartford Athletic, 1-0, on Sept. 26 at Highmark Stadium. Philadelphia fell to Hartford, 3-2, in its last match on Wednesday at Subaru Park.
During the match this Saturday, fans can use the hashtag #HoundsAtHome and submit photos of themselves watching the Hounds taking on Philadelphia, which will be televised on 22 The Point. Be sure to tag the club's social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @RiverhoundsSC.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 3
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Highmark Stadium in Pittsburgh, PA
Television: 22 The Point
Live Statistics: USL Championship Match Center
Live Updates: Twitter at @RiverhoundsSC and #PITvPHI
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 1, 2020
- Reno 1868 FC to Host LA Galaxy II in First-Round Playoff Game - Reno 1868 FC
- Preview: Republic FC vs. Portland Timbers 2 - Sacramento Republic FC
- NCFC Look to Continue Win-Streak against Charlotte Independence with USL Playoffs in Sight - North Carolina FC
- All USL Players and Staff to Undergo Mandatory Training Through Partnership with Institute for Sport and Social Justice - USL
- Three Takeaways from #TACvSAC - Sacramento Republic FC
- San Antonio FC First-Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - San Antonio FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Philadelphia Union II - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Reno Clinches Group A, Silver State Cup with Draw against Las Vegas - Reno 1868 FC
- SD Loyal Forfeits Match After Homophobic Slur Is Used by Phoenix Rising FC Player - San Diego Loyal
- SRFC's unbeaten run comes to an end - Sacramento Republic FC
- Switchbacks FC Play to Scoreless Draw in Final Game at Weidner Field - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- LA Galaxy II Clinch Spot in USL Championship Playoffs - LA Galaxy II
- Austin Bold FC Fall 2-0 to Rio Grande Valley FC - Austin Bold FC
- Toros Earn First Win of the 2020 Season against the Bold - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- El Paso Locomotive FC Earn Point on the Road against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - El Paso Locomotive FC
- FC Tulsa Stages Dramatic Comeback to Claim Wrench over OKC Energy FC - FC Tulsa
- Battery Fall in Miami 4-3 - Charleston Battery
- Real Monarchs Fall 1-0 to New Mexico United in Penultimate Match of 2020 - Real Monarchs SLC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Stories
- Hounds' Forbes, Vancaeyezeele Named All-League First Team
- Hounds Fall to Louisville in Conference Quarterfinals
- Playoffs Preview: Riverhounds SC at Louisville City FC
- Riverhounds SC Goalkeeper Danny Vitiello Wins Golden Glove Award
- Hounds Open Playoffs at Louisville City FC, Match to be Televised on 22 the Point