Preview: Nashville SC at Home for First Time in June to Face Ottawa Fury FC
NASHVILLE - After four consecutive league matches away from home, Nashville Soccer Club is finally back within the friendly confines of First Tennessee Park this Saturday as it takes on Ottawa Fury FC. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Nashville SC comes into the match riding a six-match unbeaten run in league play and has won its last two matches on the road. The Boys in Gold went 1-1-1 at home in the month of May and will look to keep its unbeaten run alive in its first of two home matches in June.
How to Follow
Local TV Broadcast: MyTV30
Local English Radio Broadcast: ESPN 94.9 Game 2
Local Spanish Radio Broadcast: El Jefe 96.7
Digital Stream: ESPN+
Last Time Out
Last Sunday, Nashville SC earned a comeback 3-2 victory over Hartford Athletic. Daniel Ríos scored the first goal of the match late in the first half, but Hartford was able to quickly equalize. With the score even at 1-1, Hartford earned a penalty, but the shot from the spot was turned away by Matt Pickens. Hartford Athletic would quickly score anyways to go up 2-1, but Nashville SC did not let that scoreline stand for very long. Lebo Moloto scored on a rebound to even things up, and substitute Cameron Lancaster scored the winner in the 85' minute on a screaming shot that found the upper corner. The victory was Nashville SC's fifth on the road this season.
Scouting Ottawa Fury FC
Ottawa Fury FC is in its third season in the USL Championship after moving from the North American Soccer League. It has not made the USL Cup Playoffs since joining the league. This season, Ottawa sits in seventh place in the Eastern Conference and is currently riding an eight-match unbeaten streak, the best in the USL Championship. Its offensive leader is forward Mour Samb, who leads the club in goals with six and assists with four.
Storylines to Watch
Road Warriors Back For Home Cookin' - Nashville SC has not lost on the road since mid-April, and will be looking to bring that road dominance back to First Tennessee Park for its first home match in over a month. Nashville currently owns a 3-2-1 home record with both losses coming to clubs currently in playoff positions (Saint Louis FC and Tampa Bay Rowdies) and both by narrow 1-0 scores. Last season, Nashville SC finished with a strong 8-3-6 record at home.
Lancaster's New Groove - Since returning from an injury, Nashville forward Cameron Lancaster has been dominant as a second-half substitute. In two substitute appearances this month, Lancaster has scored two goals, including last week's match-winner against Hartford Athletic. The goal gives him five on the season and three in his last three league matches. Despite his dominance, Lancaster has competition from teammates, as starters Daniel Ríos and Ropapa Mensah have also found the back of the net within the last two matches.
Goals, Goals, Goals - For the second time this season, Nashville SC has scored at least seven goals across two matches. It's the first time the club has done it in league play, as the club scored eight across a league match with Swope Park Rangers and a U.S. Open Cup match against South Georgia Tormenta FC 2 in May. In addition, those seven goals have come from six different Nashville SC scorers, as Lancaster is the only player to score in both matches.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 20, 2019
- Match Preview at El Paso Locomotive FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: Nashville SC at Home for First Time in June to Face Ottawa Fury FC - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face Fresno FC - San Antonio FC
- LouCity Players in the Gold Cup - Louisville City FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. New York Red Bulls II - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Tigirlily to Return to Sing National Anthem on Saturday - Nashville SC
- The Shop Named Official Merchandise Retailer of Indy Eleven - Indy Eleven
- Republic FC to Host Club America U20s in an International Friendly - Sacramento Republic FC
- San Antonio FC and Silver & Black Give Back Announce Youth Soccer League - San Antonio FC
- Republic FC's July 6th Friendly Against Lobos BUAP Postponed Indefinitely - Sacramento Republic FC
- Energy FC Partners with Equinox Harvest - OKC Energy FC
- TeamLogic IT Joins USL's Preferred Supplier Program - USL
- Local Rookie Signs with Independence - Charlotte Independence
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Randall Leal Called up to Costa Rica National Team for November CONCACAF Nations League Matches
- Doolsta Excited to Compete in First International FIFA 20 Competition of the Season
- Pickens, Tribbett, Davis Named to USL Championship All-Opta First Team
- Samuel Abraham Crowned Champion of Tennessee EA Sports FIFA 20 Challenge
- Nashville SC to Auction 2019 Branded Stadium Signage with All Proceeds Going to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital