Preseason: Week 2 Preview
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Riverhounds open their second week of preseason camp with 13 players under contract and an additional number invited on trial.
Preseason Roster - Week 2
Holding a 2-0 record after the first week of preseason play, Pittsburgh will clash with St. Bonaventure University during the second week of action.
The Week Ahead
Kickoff against St. Bonaventure is set for 2 p.m. on Feb. 18 at Highmark Stadium. All preseason matches at Highmark Stadium are free to attend for the public.
As a member of the Atlantic 10 Conference in NCAA Division I, St. Bonaventure held an 8-9-2 overall record in 2017. The squad finished regular season play on a four-game winning streak before losing in the opening round of the conference tournament.
Head coach Kwame Oduro, who completed his third season with the university in 2017, leads the Bonnies.
The Hounds defeated Spring Arbor University, 4-2, and Cleveland State University, 3-0, in the first week of preseason action.
Notably, Ben Fitzpatrick (scoring against Spring Arbor) and Romeo Parkes (tallying a goal and assist against Cleveland State) helped lead the offensive attack. Goalkeepers Kyle Morton and Mike Kirk combined for the shutout against the Vikings.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from February 13, 2018
- New Addition Bolsters Phoenix' MLS Bid and Connects Asian, European and North American Soccer Interests - Phoenix FC
- Penn FC Signs Dan Metzger - Penn FC
- Preseason: Week 2 Preview - Pittsburgh Riverhounds
- Switchbacks Announce Capelli Sport as Official Uniform and Equipment Supplier in Multi-Year Deal - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Toyota Field to Host CF Monterrey and Cruz Azul - San Antonio FC
- USL's Week Ahead: USL Clubs Welcome MLS Preseason Tests - USL
- FCC-Chicago Fire Reserve Match Cancelled - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.