Pistons Recall Amir Johnson
April 13, 2007 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - The Detroit Pistons announced today that they have recalled Amir Johnson from the Sioux Falls Skyforce of the NBA D-League. Johnson could be available to play as early as tonight when the Pistons play at Toronto.
Johnson, a second-year forward, has appeared in 22 games with the Skyforce averaging 18.9 points, 9.7 rebounds, 3.14 blocks, 2.1 assists and 35.1 minutes. Sioux Falls finishes the NBA Development League regular season with two games against Fort Worth beginning tonight.
Drafted 56th by the Pistons in the 2005 NBA Draft, Johnson averaged 17.3 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 17 games last season with the Fayetteville Patriots of the D-League.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 13, 2007
- Stampede Roll Over The 66ers - Idaho Stampede
- Thunderbirds Advance to D-League Playoffs for Second Straight Season - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Albuquerque Clinches Final Playoff - Colorado 14ers
- 2007 NBA Development League Postseason Set - G League
- Skyforce Hold Off Flyers in 101-93 Victory - Fort Worth Flyers
- Dakota Routs Austin, Clinches Top Seed In Eastern Division - Austin Spurs
- Austin Toros Finish Season At Home This Weekend - Austin Spurs
- Denver Signs 14ers Guard Von Wafer - G League
- Nuggets Sign Carter and Wafer for Remainder of the Season - Colorado 14ers
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Pistons Recall Amir Johnson - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.