Nuggets Sign Carter and Wafer for Remainder of the Season
The Denver Nuggets have signed G Anthony Carter and G Von Wafer for the remainder of the season, team Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien announced today.
"Anthony is a solid, veteran point guard who gives us depth at the position as we head into the postseason," said Warkentien. "Von is a very talented young player who had a tremendous season in the D-League. We feel he has a bright future in the NBA."
Carter, 6-2, 195, attended training camp with Denver last fall before being waived on Oct. 25. He appeared in four preseason games with the Nuggets, averaging 4.0 ppg and 1.8 apg before spending the rest of the 2006-07 season in Italy with Legea Scafati Basket. In seven NBA seasons, he has averaged 4.7 ppg, 3.7 apg and 2.0 rpg in 362 games with Miami, San Antonio and Minnesota.
Wafer, 6-5, 210, ranked second in the D-League in both scoring (21.0 ppg) and three-point field goal percentage (.453/120-265) this past season with the Colorado 14ers. He is the 22nd Gatorade Call-up this season. Drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers 39th overall in the 2005 NBA Draft, Wafer spent the 2005-06 season with the Lakers averaging 1.3 ppg in 16 games. He was also called up and signed to a 10-day contract by the L.A. Clippers on Feb. 21, 2007 where he played one minute in one game before being waived on Feb. 28.
Both will join the Nuggets in Oklahoma City where they will take on the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets tonight at 6:00 p.m. MDT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 13, 2007
- Stampede Roll Over The 66ers - Idaho Stampede
- Thunderbirds Advance to D-League Playoffs for Second Straight Season - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Albuquerque Clinches Final Playoff - Colorado 14ers
- 2007 NBA Development League Postseason Set - G League
- Skyforce Hold Off Flyers in 101-93 Victory - Fort Worth Flyers
- Dakota Routs Austin, Clinches Top Seed In Eastern Division - Austin Spurs
- Austin Toros Finish Season At Home This Weekend - Austin Spurs
- Denver Signs 14ers Guard Von Wafer - G League
- Nuggets Sign Carter and Wafer for Remainder of the Season - Colorado 14ers
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Pistons Recall Amir Johnson - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.