Phantoms Re-Sign F Steven Swavely to AHL Contract
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, announced today that they have signed forward Steven Swavely to a one-year, AHL contract.
Swavely, 27, played in a career-high 40 games for the Phantoms last season, tallying seven assists. He was originally signed to a PTO by Lehigh Valley on December 19, 2018. He posted a career best, three-assist game on December 22, 2018, in a 6-1 victory in Hershey that helped him earn a one-year, AHL contract that he signed on January 2, 2019.
"I am thrilled to be entering my fourth professional season, all with Lehigh Valley," said Swavely. "Growing up 45 minutes away, it is a blessing and a privilege to still be able to pursue my passion of hockey in back yard."
Prior to signing with Lehigh Valley, Swavely played 27 games for the Reading Royals (ECHL) and posted 30 points, 14 goals, and 16 assists for the Royals, leading the team in scoring at the time of his signing with the Phantoms. He also ranked 15th in the ECHL in points and was coming off a 13-game points streak. He notched 22 points in his last 15 games for Reading.
A native of Reading, Pa., Swavely is entering in his fourth full professional season after four years at the University of Maine. He has totaled 96 points on 43 goals and 53 assists in 104 games for the Reading Royals. Swavely has played 93 total games for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms during parts of the last four seasons.
The Phantoms regular season will get started on October 5, 2019 at PPL Center against the Providence Bruins. Season ticket packages are available now and come in a wide variety of options including full-season, 21-game and 13-game plans that all have amazing benefits. For more information about season tickets or group tickets or to purchase, visit our WEBSITE.
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward Steven Swavely
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 16, 2019
- Colorado Avalanche Assigns Five Players to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Rangers Trim Training Camp Roster by Seven - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 2019 American Hockey League Preseason Schedule Announced - AHL
- Trent Mann Pleased with Development Belleville's Providing - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Re-Sign F Steven Swavely to AHL Contract - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts