Petes Take First Game of Season Series against Top Ranked Generals
(Peterborough, ON) - The Petes won all three games this weekend and are now 4-0 when facing the country's top ranked team after defeating the division rival Oshawa Generals 2-1 on Sunday evening.
Mason McTavish, who continues to lead OHL rookies in goals, netted his 8th of the season to open scoring. In his 200th OHL game, Brady Hinz scored the game winner. Oshawa scored on the power play mid-way through the third to come within one.
Chad Denault, Artem Guryev, Liam Kirk, and Declan Chisholm all recorded single assists. Chisholm's assist extends his current point streak to 11 games.
Goaltender Hunter Jones stopped 28/29 shots, and over the weekend recorded 3 wins, a 1.67 goals against average, and 0.943 save percentage.
The Petes were 0/6 on the power play and 5/6 on the penalty kill.
The Petes are back on home ice on Thursday, October 24 at 7:05pm to host the Sarnia Sting. They'll be back at the PMC on Saturday, October 26 at 7:05pm to face the Mississauga Steelheads. Tickets for all regular season home games are available through the PMC Grant Thornton Box Office in person and over the phone at (705) 743-3561 Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 5:00pm, and 24 hours a day online.
The most affordable way to see the Petes in action early in the 2018-19 season is with a Season Starter Pack. Save over $65 on tickets and merchandise! Season Opener Packs are available through Mike in the Petes office at (705) 743-3681 ext. 263 or by email.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 21, 2019
- Niagara IceDogs Forward Philip Tomasino Signs Entry Level Contract - Niagara IceDogs
- Winter Wear Drive Sponsored by Oosterveld Heating and Air Conditioning this Friday - Guelph Storm
- Canadian Rosters Unveiled for 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - OHL
- 2019 Remembrance Day Jersey Auction November 8 - Kitchener Rangers
- Firebirds Continue Franchise-Best Start, Stay Undefeated in Flint - Flint Firebirds
- Hunter Jones Named OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week - Peterborough Petes
- Petes' Hunter Jones Named OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week - OHL
- Pinelli Named to Team Canada Red for World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Kitchener Rangers
- Andrew Perrott Named Huron Tractor Attacker of the Week - Owen Sound Attack
- Petes Take First Game of Season Series against Top Ranked Generals - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Petes Shut out for First Time this Season by Colts
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending November 10
- Petes Score Three Unanswered to Overcome IceDogs
- Petes Can Move into First Place with Win on Special Olympics Ontario Night
- Petes Earn Point in Overtime Loss to Division Rival 67's