Pete Fairbanks Debuts with Rangers Sunday
FRISCO, Texas - Former Riders pitcher Pete Fairbanks made his Major League debut Sunday with the Rangers.
The righty from St. Louis tossed two scoreless innings against Oakland, including a magnificent first inning in which he struck out the side.
Fairbanks played with the Riders earlier this season, working 7 1/3 scoreless innings before earning a promotion to Triple-A Nashville. During his time in Frisco, he struck out 14 of 24 (58%) batters faced. He is the 156th former Riders player to reach the big leagues, the seventh this year and the second this week after Joe Palumbo debuted for Texas on Saturday.
The Riders return home for six games Tuesday, June 11th-Sunday, June 16th. Tickets for those games and all remaining regular-season home games - running now through August 25 - are available at RidersBaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Sod Poodles Emmanuel Ramirez Named Texas League Pitcher of the Week - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Pete Fairbanks Debuts with Rangers Sunday - Frisco RoughRiders
- Tickets Now on Sale for Little Joe's Birthday Bash at Whataburger Field - Corpus Christi Hooks
- RockHounds Sweep RoughRiders - Midland RockHounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Frisco RoughRiders Stories
- RoughRiders 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Shelved
- Frisco to Host Texas Collegiate League this Summer at Dr Pepper Ballpark
- Riders to Support North Texas Food Bank with 2020 Home Run 5K
- Riders Foundation Announces 2020 CoServ Teachers of the Month
- Update on 2020 Frisco RoughRiders Season