Pelicans Hold Pet Food Drive at "Bark in the Park"
It's not every night that you can bring your four-legged best friend to a baseball game!
On Tuesday, Aug. 2, the Pensacola Pelicans are hosting "Bark in the Park" to benefit the Humane Society of Pensacola. Gates open at 5:35 p.m. and game time is 6:35 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to bring their furry friends along with any non-perishable dog or cat food, clean blanket or toy to Pelican Park to be donated to the Humane Society. Anyone making a donation will be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card from Petsmart.
In addition to the food drive, the Pensacola Active DogS (P.A.D.S.) Supersonic Flyball Team and the Five Flags Country Canine Square Dancers will be performing before, during and after the game.
All dogs receive free admission to the park. Ticket price for "humans" in the Pet Seating Section/B.S.R.O Section is $5 per person (bring a chair or blanket as bleacher seating in this section is limited). General Admission tickets for fans without pets are $7 per person.
To ensure the safety of all guests, any dog entering the park must be on a leash, have current tags in plain view and adhere to park rules.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from July 27, 2005
- CBL game recap - Central League
- Pelicans Hold Pet Food Drive at "Bark in the Park" - Pensacola Pelicans
- Dog days of summer makes encore at Smith-Wills - Jackson Senators
- Coastal Bend tops Sports, 5-4 - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pensacola Pelicans Stories
- News from Northwest Florida Professional Baseball LLC.
- Pensacola Baseball Sells 500th Season Ticket
- Pels Training Academy Hosts 7th & 8th Grade Prep Skill Camp
- Pensacola Home to Minor League Baseball Team in 2012
- Palmisano named to Baseball America first team Independent Baseball team