Payerl Re-Joins Penguins
The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-assigned forward Adam Payerl from the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL) to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, it was announced on Tuesday morning.
Payerl, 21, began the season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, posting one goal and five penalty minutes in five games with the Penguins.
The Kitchener, Ontario native was assigned to Wheeling on November 5, and has recorded one goal in four games with the Nailers.
Payerl was signed by the Pittsburgh Penguins to a three-year entry level contract on March 1, 2012. He appeared in 61 regular-season contests with the Belleville Bulls (Ontario Hockey League) last season, and established career highs with 22 goals, 47 points and 106 penalty minutes.
Payerl split his five OHL seasons between Belleville and the Barrie Colts. In 306 career regular-season contests, Payerl notched 60 goals, 83 assists, 143 points and 303 penalty minutes.
The Penguins are back in action tonight when they face the Norfolk Admirals at 7:15pm at the Scope in Norfolk.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2013
- Monarchs Caught in a "JAM" - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Slide by Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- 'Jam' Records Falcons' First Hat Trick in Nearly Two Years - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Hold off Admirals for Third Straight Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Whale Wallops Portland - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Sharks Look to Gronk this Weekend - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Minnesota Wild Sign RW Nick Palmieri to One-Year Contract - Houston Aeros
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- AHL Board of Governors Votes to Discontinue Test of "Hybrid Icing" Rule - AHL
- Wolves Sign Trent Daavettila to PTO - Chicago Wolves
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Offer Free Tickets to the Unemployed - Worcester Sharks
- Canadiens Acquire DeSantis from Panthers in Exchange for Nash - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Assigns Goaltender Viktor Fasth to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Amerks Recall Defenseman Corey Fienhage from Gwinnett - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Manchester, Game #36 - Springfield Falcons
- Rosters Announced for Capital Bluecross AHL Outdoor Classic Alumni Game - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Sign Marino, Rizk to Professional Tryout Contracts - Norfolk Admirals
- Stars Weekly (week 15) - Stars Sweep Weekend Again, Set Franchise Win-Streak Record - Texas Stars
- Payerl Re-Joins Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Sign Goaltender Drew MacIntyre to PTO - Hershey Bears
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Stymied by Nell, Wolf Pack in 4-1 Loss
- Penguins Lose to Checkers, 3-1
- Penguins Score in Bunches to Beat Checkers, 5-2
- Weekly: Penguins Play Checkers Tonight, Tomorrow, and Celebrate St. Patrick's Day on Saturday
- Jeff Taylor Reassigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton