Patton Leads Tides over Bisons
Troy Patton worked seven shutout innings and the Tides clubbed 10 hits as they cruised to a 6-0 win over the Buffalo Bisons Monday afternoon at Harbor Park.
For the second time in three outings, Patton (4-7) allowed just three hits in seven innings to pitch the Tides to a shutout victory. After yielding three hits and striking out four in seven scoreless frames of a 3-0 win at Pawtucket on May 28, the 24-year-old was equally impressive Monday, needing just 89 pitches to navigate seven innings of work against a Buffalo squad that had plated 31 runs over the first three games of the series.
Patton walked one and struck out three in the win, facing just four batters over the minimum to help Norfolk snap a five-game losing skid.
Adam Donachie paced the Tides offense with three hits and a run scored, while Jeff Salazar and Rhyne Hughes each added solo homers off of former Tide Bobby Livingston (2-6). Josh Bell also had two hits in the contest, while Robert Andino added an RBI triple.
Livingston yielded five runs on eight hits in seven innings of work, striking out three without walking a batter.
Ross Wolf and Mike Hinckley each pitched a scoreless inning of relief for Norfolk, which registered its fourth shutout victory of the season.
Buffalo heads to Durham Tuesday for a four-game set with the Bulls, with right-hander Dillon Gee (6-2, 3.84) slated to take the mound against left-hander Carlos Hernandez (4-3, 3.21).
Norfolk will welcome in divisional rival Gwinnett to Harbor Park on Tuesday for the start of a four-game series, with first pitch scheduled for 7:15. Brandon Erbe (0-9, 6.14) will look to pick up his first Triple-A victory against southpaw Jose Ortegano (2-1, 3.18).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 7, 2010
- Indians Rally for 5-3 Win over Clippers - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Sluggish as PawSox Roll Aroldis - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bats Edge PawSox, 4-3 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Durham Beats Syracuse 12-3, Wins Four-Game Series - Syracuse Chiefs
- Bulls Blow Past Syracuse, 12-3 - Durham Bulls
- G-Braves Beat Yankees, 4-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mets Select Contract of Bisons' Feliciano - Buffalo Bisons
- Patton Leads Tides over Bisons - Norfolk Tides
- Advancement in Education - Durham Bulls
- G-Braves Father's Day Ticket Package Announced - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Add INF Hubbard, C Manriquez to Roster - Buffalo Bisons
- Buffalo Bisons Versus Norfolk Tides - Buffalo Bisons
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.