"Party at the Pitch," week of activities planned ahead of Sunday's #HellisReal rivalry game
CINCINNATI - To celebrate the first local edition of Major League Soccer's Heineken Rivalry Week, FC Cincinnati are inviting fans to arrive early to Sunday's nationally televised game against Columbus Crew SC with a special "Party at the Pitch."
Starting at 4 p.m., fans are invited to join the festivities on Sheakley Lawn for a tailgate-style event that will feature a Heineken beer special, as well as local musical artists My Sister Sarah performing on stage from 4 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Among the other activities on Sheakley Lawn, Continental Tire will have an interactive set-up for fans, and Taste of Belgium will offer waffle sampling, as well. The FC Cincinnati - Columbus Crew SC kickoff is set for 6 p.m.
Admission to "Party at the Pitch" is included with every Columbus game ticket. Entrance to Sheakley Lawn is only available outside of Gate 2, off Corry St.
A limited number of tickets still remain for Sunday's #HellisReal game against Columbus at Nippert Stadium. While general admission tickets have already sold out, tickets remaining start at $25. Individual and group tickets are available for Sunday's game - and all remaining home games - at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
As the game day sponsor, 12 oz. Heineken draft beers will be available for $5 throughout "Party at the Pitch," as well as for the duration of the game at all fixed concession locations. Further, a $2 pretzel and cheese concessions offer will also be available at all fixed locations.
Sunday's game is also a "Blue Out" game and fans are encouraged to wear blue gear to the game.
FULL HEINEKEN RIVALRY WEEK ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
In celebration and preparation for the very first Heineken Rivalry Week game in the Queen City, FC Cincinnati have a host of activities and promotions planned locally leading up to Sunday's nationally televised #HellisReal derby.
Please note the media advisories below each event about the various on-site contacts, as well as specific RSVP info for each activity.
Now through 5 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 22
Fans who come to the FC Cincinnati Team Shop (43 East Fourth St., Cincinnati, OH 45202) and purchase from the special "Blue Out" selection or the MLS Salute to Service camo prematch top will receive a ticket to an exclusive meet and greet with FCC defender Nick Hagglund after the store closes on Thursday.
Now through 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 24
Fans can trade in Columbus Crew SC merchandise to the FC Cincinnati Team Shop and receive a 30% discount off their entire on-site purchase of FCC gear.
Wednesday, Aug. 21
4 p.m. - Grand opening of the Hartwell Recreation Center Mini Pitch (8275 Vine St., Cincinnati, OH 45216)
Media welcome to attend, and are asked to coordinate with Kevin Noonan ([email protected]) with any specific needs or requests
Thursday, Aug. 22
6 p.m. - Exclusive ticketed meet and greet with Nick Hagglund at FCC Team Shop (tickets must be presented for entry)
Media welcome to attend, but must RSVP with Anwar Chagollan ([email protected]) in advance of arrival
Friday, Aug. 23
5 p.m. - "The Prematch Meeting LIVE!" at Buffalo Wings & Rings in Oakley (4615 Factory Colony Ln., Cincinnati, OH 45209). Hosted by FCC broadcast analyst Kevin McCloskey and fccincinnati.com's Alex Stec. Special guests include Ron Jans, Gerard Nijkamp, Jimmy McLaughlin and Paul Nicholson. Streamed live on FC Cincinnati's Facebook page. Admission is free and open to the public.
Media welcome to attend. Any needs or requests can be coordinated with Lizz Summers ([email protected])
Saturday, Aug. 24
7 p.m.-11 p.m. - MLS' "Standing Room Only" party, presented by Heineken at the Woodward Theater (1404 Main St., Cincinnati, OH 45202). The league's marquee party during this year's Heineken Rivalry Week is targeted at both FCC fans and Crew supporters in town for Sunday's big game. This is a 21+ event and reserved attendance is already at venue capacity. The evening's activities will include:
Free Heineken product
A DJ battle with ClockworkDJ representing Cincinnati and RJD2 representing Columbus
Live painting of Secret Wall installations by street artists from both cities
An eMLS FIFA battle between FCC Fiddle and CrewSC Graham
A life-size Lite-Bright installation
Digital photo booth
Fans with tickets are encouraged to arrive early
Sunday, Aug. 25
4 p.m. - "Party at the Pitch" (see above) opens on Nippert Stadium's Sheakley Lawn.
Approx. 5 p.m. - FC Cincinnati Supporters March arrives at the UC Bearcat Statue by Fifth Third Arena
Approx. 5:20 p.m. - FCC Supporters March gathers inside Nippert Stadium behind Section 110/111 before advancing to The Bailey
6 p.m. - Kickoff of #HellisReal derby: FC Cincinnati vs. Columbus Crew SC (TV: FS1, Stream: FoxSportsGo, Radio: WDJO)
Skydivers landing at midfield before the anthem
National Anthem performed by Country Music Television featured artist and Cincinnati native Rayne Johnson
FCC supporters are expected to unveil a brand-new, game-specific tifo over The Bailey at kickoff
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 21, 2019
- Post-Match Facts | D.C. United V. New York Red Bulls - D.C. United
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 0 Columbus Crew SC - New York City FC
- Red Bulls Get Road Win at D.C. - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC Adds to Landmark Campaign with Earliest Postseason Clinch: Week 25 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- "Party at the Pitch," week of activities planned ahead of Sunday's #HellisReal rivalry game - FC Cincinnati
- Head Coach Remi Garde Dismissed - Montreal Impact
- Atlanta United Signs Luiz Fernando to MLS Contract - Atlanta United FC
- Peter Tomozawa Joins Sounders FC as Owner and President of Business Operations - Seattle Sounders FC
- Cruz Azul and Tigres UANL to Battle for First-Ever Leagues Cup Title on September 18 in Las Vegas - MLS
- Preview: Sporting to Host Second-Place Minnesota on Thursday - Sporting Kansas City
- New England Revolution Re-Sign Matt Turner to Multi-Year Contract - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face New York City FC Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United Academy Adds Two Coaches to Staff - Atlanta United FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Cruz Azul 2 - Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- New York City FC Overwhelms FC Cincinnati 4-0
- FC Cincinnati Confirm Positive COVID-19 Case
- FC Cincinnati Form Transatlantic Partnership with TSG Hoffenheim
- FC Cincinnati remain unbeaten at Nippert Stadium
- Remaining matches of FC Cincinnati's regular season schedule unveiled