PaddleHeads Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
MISSOULA, Mont. - Today, the PaddleHeads praised the newly created Save Minor League Baseball Task Force that has been organized by members of Congress to prevent Major League Baseball (MLB) from eliminating 42 minor league franchises, nearly one quarter of all minor league teams around the country.
"We appreciate the support of Rep. Lori Trahan (D.-Massachusetts), David McKinley (R-W.Va.) and the members of the task force in standing up for Minor League Baseball and speaking out against MLB's effort cast off thousands of jobs, reduce affordable, family-friendly entertainment and undermine grassroots support for our great game," said PaddleHeads Vice President, Matt Ellis. "I would like to especially thank our Montana congressmen Senator Tester, Senator Daines, and Representative Gianforte for all of their support and work on Minor League Baseball's behalf."
The Missoula PaddleHeads have been identified as one of the 42 franchises facing elimination under the MLB proposal.
Minor league teams are vital to the social and economic lives of millions of Americans; they support scores of local businesses and jobs, provide accessible entertainment, help promote tourism spending and donate tens of millions of dollars in charitable contributions.
"With this proposal, MLB is willing to break the hearts of dozens of communities across the country, " said Ellis. "We are going to resist this plan and are gratified that so many in Congress are willing to join with us."
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from December 4, 2019
- PaddleHeads Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Rocky Mountain Vibes Cheer Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Rocky Mountain Vibes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Missoula PaddleHeads Stories
- PaddleHeads to Host Donation Drive to Benefit Missoula Youth Homes
- Missoula PaddleHeads Announce Professional Baseball to Stay in Missoula
- PaddleHeads Support Health Dept. Updates: Cancel October 29 Showing of Scream
- PaddleHeads to Host Matchstick Productions: HUCK YEAH Premiere
- Centerfield Cinema Plays on through October, New Titles Announced