Outlaws Sign Hawkins in Player Movement
BOSTON - The Denver Outlaws on Thursday agreed to terms with former Boston Cannons midfielder Josh Hawkins, who filed for Player Movement earlier this offseason.
Hawkins, 27, appeared in 13 games for the Cannons last year, totaling three goals, one assist and 30 groundballs in his fifth pro season and third in Boston. The Massachusetts native scored a season-high 14 points in 2016 with 11 goals and three assists and was named to the first All-Star Game of his career that year. In 62 career games across three franchises, Hawkins has 31 goals, nine assists, 40 points and 161 groundballs. The Hamilton Nationals selected Hawkins with the fifth-overall pick in the 2013 Draft out of Loyola.
As compensation for losing Hawkins, the Cannons will receive a third-round pick in the 2018 MLL Collegiate Draft from Denver.
About Major League Lacrosse
Major League Lacrosse (MLL), the premier professional outdoor lacrosse league, was founded by Jake Steinfeld and is headquartered in Boston. MLL has continued to lead the sport of lacrosse into the mainstream of competitive team sports over the past 17 years. The league is made up of nine teams: The Atlanta Blaze, Boston Cannons, Charlotte Hounds, Chesapeake Bayhawks, Denver Outlaws, Florida Launch, New York Lizards, Ohio Machine and Rochester Rattlers.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from September 29, 2017
- Blaze Sign Gibson, Cannons Sign Denhoff in Player Movement - Boston Cannons
- Cannons Sign All-Star Kyle Denhoff from The - Boston Cannons
- Outlaws Sign Hawkins in Player Movement - Denver Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Outlaws Stories
- Outlaws Win Third MLL Championship with Victory over Dallas Rattlers
- Denver Outlaws Lose 24-22 to Chesapeake BayHawks in Back-and-Forth Game on Sunday
- Denver Outlaws to Honor Mothers During Sunday's 'Real Men Weak Pink' Game against Chesapeake
- Denver Outlaws Acquire Attackman Kylor Bellistri in Trade with Boston Cannons
- Denver Outlaws Lose 16-7 to Florida Launch in Second Game of Weekend Doubleheader