Outlaws Set MLL Win-Percentage Record, Earn Top Playoff Seed
DENVER - With a 14-12 win against the Chesapeake Bayhawks in front of 8,235 fans at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, the Denver Outlaws clinched the MLL's top playoff seed on Saturday. The Outlaws also secured a league record for best winning percentage in a single season by improving to 12-0 on the season.
The previous win-percentage record was shared by four teams who all went 10-2 (.833 pct.). At 12-0, the Outlaws are guaranteed no worse than a 12-2 (.857 pct.) finish.
Saturday's win marked Denver's 18th consecutive regular-season victory, a mark that has more than doubled the previous league record for seven straight wins. The Outlaws' 12 wins on the year tie a league record that was last reached in 2002.
Denver's 7-0 home record this year represents the first seven-win home campaign by a team in league history and just the fourth undefeated home record for a season in league annals. The Outlaws went 6-0 at home in 2008, which is the last season a team accomplished that feat.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from July 27, 2013
- Nationals Clinch Playoff Berth - Hamilton Nationals
- Hounds Back in Playoff Spot with Win over Machine - Charlotte Hounds
- Boston Cannons Fall to Hamilton Nationals, 17-12 - Boston Cannons
- Outlaws Set MLL Win-Percentage Record, Earn Top Playoff Seed - Denver Outlaws
- Westervelt's Four Goals Not Enough as Chesapeake Falls at Denver - Chesapeake Bayhawks
- Hamilton to Send Eight to U.S. National Team Tryouts - Hamilton Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.