Outlaws Dominate Cannons 22-9, Move into Tie Atop MLL Standings
DENVER - The Denver Outlaws (8-5) beat the Boston Cannons (7-6) 22-9 on Saturday afternoon at the University of Denver's Peter Barton Stadium. The win gives Denver the 2-1 season series victory over third-place Boston, and moves the Outlaws into a tie for first place with Chesapeake (8-5) atop the MLL standings.
Denver scored a season-high 22 goals and allowed fewer than 10 goals for just the third time this season. The +13 margin of victory marks the Outlaws' largest win since July 4, 2018 when they defeated Boston 25-11.
Rookie attackman Ryan Lee led all scorers in the game with a career-high eight points (5 goals, 3 assists). Attackman Brendan Kavanagh (3 goals, 1 assist) and midfielders Mikie Schlosser (2 goals, 1 2pt. goal), Zach Currier (3 goals, 1 assist) and Jack Jasinski (1 goal, 1 2pt. goal, 1 assist) all totaled four points in the game.
The Outlaws hit the road next week in a battle for first place with the Chesapeake Bayhawks on Saturday in Annapolis, Md. (5 p.m. MDT faceoff).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from August 31, 2019
- Rattlers Lose to Lizards at Home, Snap Six-Game Winning Streak - Dallas Rattlers
- Outlaws Dominate Cannons 22-9, Move into Tie Atop MLL Standings - Denver Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Outlaws Stories
- Denver Outlaws Fall 10-9 to Chesapeake BayHawks in MLL Championship Game
- Denver Outlaws Head Coach Tony Seaman Named MLL Coach of the Year
- Denver Outlaws to Face Chesapeake BayHawks in MLL Championship Game on Sunday
- Denver Outlaws Defeat Boston Cannons 17-15 to Earn Fourth Consecutive Championship Appearance
- Denver Outlaws to Play at Peter Barton Stadium in Major League Lacrosse Semifinals on Friday