Osterberg, Cleland Earn Weekly USHL Honors
RALSTON, Neb. - The Omaha Lancers, in conjunction with the United States Hockey League (USHL), are pleased to announce that Kyle Osterberg has been named CCM Forward of the Week while Matias Cleland has been named CCM Defenseman of the Week.
A veteran forward from Lakeville, Minnesota, Osterberg tallied three goals and added an assist in helping the Lancers earn a pair of victories last weekend. Osterberg's weekend began on Friday with his biggest offensive night of the season as he registered two goals, including the game-winner, and an assist as Omaha outlasted the U.S. National Team Development Program's Under-17 team 4-3 at Ralston Arena. Osterberg then netted his third goal of the week and sixth of the season Saturday as he buried the decisive goal in a 4-3 Lancers' victory over the visiting Lincoln Stars. All told, Osterberg currently ranks fourth among all Lancers in scoring with 14 points (6 goals, 8 assists) this season.
Meanwhile, Cleland was named CCM Defenseman of the Week after recording four assists in Omaha's two victories last weekend. The veteran blueliner from Longmont, Colorado opened the weekend with two assists in Friday's win over the USNTDP before adding another two helpers Saturday in Omaha's triumph over the rival Stars. Cleland is tied for second among all Lancers with four multi-point games this season and leads all Omaha blueliners in scoring with 16 points. Acquired in a trade with the Waterloo Black Hawks earlier this season, Cleland is currently tied for second among all USHL defensemen in scoring.
Omaha (13-11-0, 26 pts.) has won nine of its last 11 games overall and returns to action this Friday when the team travels to Lincoln for a rematch with the Stars. Catch all of Friday's action on 1290 AM KOIL locally in Omaha beginning with the Valpak.com pregame show at 6:50 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2012
- Lumberjacks Announce Teddy Bear Toss Results - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Phantoms Notebook: Week No. 12 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Captain Brian Ward Commits to St. Lawrence - Tri-City Storm
- 2013 NTDP Evaluation Camp Schedule Announced - U.S. National Team
- Osterberg, Cleland Earn Weekly USHL Honors - Omaha Lancers
- Stampede Hosting Toys for Tots Drive - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Ice Home Thursday and Friday - Indiana Ice
- Racer Annett Returns to Waterloo - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.