Orlando Pride to Represent Parramore Kidz Zone in 2020 Verizon Community Shield
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando Pride has selected Parramore Kidz Zone to play for in the 2020 Verizon Community Shield. The Verizon Community Shield is a partnership between the National Women's Soccer League and Verizon, where each of the NWSL's nine clubs will partner with small businesses or programs in their community. The team with the most points at the end of the Fall Series will be awarded the Verizon Community Shield and the opportunity to present a grant of $25,000 to their community partner, made possible by Verizon. $15,000 and $10,000 will be presented to the second and third-place teams, respectively.
The Pride will also be raising additional funds for Parramore Kidz Zone by raffling off the signed Black Lives Matter warm-up tops the team has been wearing throughout the Fall Series. All proceeds from the auction will go directly to Parramore Kidz Zone to amplify the impact on the Club's local community.
Parramore Kidz Zone is a program located in the heart of downtown Orlando, just a block from the Pride's home at Exploria Stadium, with the mission of leveling the playing field for Parramore's children. The organization aims to equip its children to become successful, healthy, well-educated adults and is achieving this by investing in things that make a difference in children's lives - such as quality early childhood education, access to health care, mentoring, tutoring, college access assistance and more.
The Pride continue play in the 2020 Fall Series on Friday, Oct. 9, set to take on the Houston Dash at Osceola County Stadium before returning home to Exploria Stadium for the first time this year to host the North Carolina Courage on Saturday, Oct. 17.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from October 8, 2020
- Three Points: Dash Visit Orlando Pride for Final Match of 2020 Verizon Community Shield on Friday - Houston Dash
- Six Chicago Red Stars Called up to U.S. WNT Camp - Chicago Red Stars
- Balcer Called in to USWNT October Camp - OL Reign
- Bledsoe, Hatch, Sanchez Called up to First USWNT Camp Since March - Washington Spirit
- Sky Blue FC Defender Midge Purce Named to U.S. Women's National Team October Training Camp Roster - Sky Blue FC
- Orlando Pride to Represent Parramore Kidz Zone in 2020 Verizon Community Shield - Orlando Pride
- Orlando Pride Takes on Houston Dash on Friday - Orlando Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Pride Stories
- Pride's Listro Earns First CanWNT Call-Up; McLeod Returns to National Team Roster
- Orlando Pride Signs Defender Phoebe McClernon
- Orlando Pride Signs Midfielder Jordyn Listro
- Orlando Pride Selects Midfielder Viviana Villacorta No. 9 Overall in the 2021 NWSL Draft
- Orlando Pride Announces Ian Fleming as General Manager