Orange County SC Look for Separation against Las Vegas Lights
IRVINE, Calif. - Eight days after Orange County returned to action against Tacoma Defiance, the club is back in California for the first of two consecutive home matches. Last Friday's match was a definite surprise, with the 2-1 loss marking the first time OCSC lost to Tacoma since 2015.
Now, Orange County (27 points) will be focused on bouncing back and picking up a win at home. While currently in 14th place, the standings are still tight and a victory can see OC jump back into the playoff places and begin to separate from some of their rivals. When the two teams faced in June, the heat stifled what could have otherwise been an exciting match and the match finished level at full-time.
Las Vegas (27 points) will not be arriving in good spirits. They are a side that has struggled on the road, having picked up three points away just once. In their last two matches, the side has picked up one point through a goalless draw against Sacramento on August 7.
Las Vegas have conceded 346 fouls at this stage of the season, 58 of which have resulted in bookings. They area physical side that routinely looks to frustrate their opposition. Orange County will have to remain calm and attempt to frustrate the visitors themselves by maintaining possession and looking for continued success through the linkup play between Michael Seaton and Darwin Jones.
Kevin Alston joins Liam Trotter and Vinicius on the list of players who are currently unavailable after picking up a minor injury in the match against Tacoma.
Former OCSC forward Irvin Parra will not feature for the visitors due to caution accumulation. The 25 year old picked up his fifth caution of the season against Sacramento Republic.
The match kicks off at 7pm at Championship Stadium at the Orange County Great Park. The game will also be broadcast live on ESPN+ in the United States.
Darwin Jones and Michael Seaton have scored 45% of the total goals scored by OCSC this season, with both men tallying eight goals in 20 appearances.
Las Vegas concedes an average of 1.5 goals per game. The match in Sacramento was the team's first away clean sheet since April.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 15, 2019
- Nashville SC Brings Love for Soccer to Cleveland Park Boys and Girls Club - Nashville SC
- Indy Eleven to Recognize Tyler Trent Foundation at Sunday's Faith & Family Night - Indy Eleven
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Swope Park Rangers - Atlanta United 2
- Central American Star Striker Rodolfo Zelaya Arrives at Lights FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- North Carolina FC Ready for Home Battle with Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - North Carolina FC
- Independence, The Invigory Announces Player Services Partnership - Charlotte Independence
- Match Preview at Orange County SC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Set to Visit Fresno FC on Friday - Real Monarchs SLC
- Phoenix Rising FC Readies for 1-Vs-2 Showdown on $1 Beer Night - Phoenix Rising FC
- Orange County SC Look for Separation against Las Vegas Lights - Orange County SC
- Preview: Nashville SC Aims for Sixth-Straight Clean Sheet against Charlotte Independence this Saturday - Nashville SC
- Fury FC's Run in the Canadian Championship Ends at BMO Field - Ottawa Fury FC
- Energy FC Travel to Portland Tomorrow as Playoff Race Heats Up - OKC Energy FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Acquire French World Cup Champion Alexy Bosetti - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Energy FC and El Paso Locomotive FC Agree to Swap Deal Between Alexy Bosetti and Derek Gebhard - OKC Energy FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- USL Academy Team Adds New Layer to OC Pathway
- OCSC Signs Chris Wehan
- OCSC Announces New Youth Soccer Network as Part of Pathway to Pro in OC
- USL Academy League Confirms Founding Southwest Division Members
- Orange County SC Transfers Keeper Aaron Cervantes to Glasgow Rangers FC