Offense Silenced in Amarillo, Naturals Fall, 7-0
AMARILLO, Texas - A day after Northwest Arkansas set season-highs in runs and hits, the bats went quiet. Amarillo starter, Lake Bachar silenced the Naturals' offense over seven and two-third innings and combined with a reliever to shutout Northwest Arkansas, 7-0 at Hodgetown on Sunday night.
Bachar (7-2, 3.25 ERA) earned the win over Naturals' starter, Jackson Kowar (1-3, 3.12 ERA) who pitched into the seventh inning. Kowar came within two outs of securing his fourth quality start for the Naturals' this season; but a two-run double ended his night with one out in the seventh inning.
Kowar finished six and one-third frames with six runs allowed on eight hits with five strikeouts and one walk.
Northwest Arkansas (43-54/12-17) were held to just six hit with Khalil Lee and Freddy Fermin each collecting a pair of singles in the game. D.J. Burt and Kevin Merrell logged the others.
The shutout is the sixth of the season against the Naturals' and the secondo on the current road trip.
The series concludes on Monday, July 22 at Hodgetown. Right-hander, Brady Singer (2-2, 4.97 ERA) looks to continue his strong stretch in his ninth start for the Naturals in the finale. Over his last four starts, Singer owns a 2.88 ERA and tomorrow marks his third start against Amarillo. The home team will send right-hander, Nick Margevicius (2-2, 3.66 ERA).
Join the "Voice of the Naturals," Benjamin Kelly on 92.1-FM, the Ticket and the Naturals Radio Network for a 6:45 Indigo Sky Casino Pregame Show leading up to the 7:05 p.m. first pitch.
The Northwest Arkansas Naturals are the Double-A Texas League Affiliate of the Kansas City Royals. The Naturals play at state-of-the-art Arvest Ballpark in Springdale, Ark. For more information, including statistics, ticket options, and more, please visit NWANaturals.com, and follow us on Twitter @NWANaturals and Facebook.com/Naturals.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from July 21, 2019
- Errors Costly for Drillers in Shutout Loss - Tulsa Drillers
- Riders Blank Travs, 1-0 - Arkansas Travelers
- Bachar Quiets Naturals in 7-0 Shutout Victory to Mark Sod Poodles 50th Win - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Cards Homer Twice in 9th to Power Past Hooks, 3-2 - Springfield Cardinals
- More Great Pitching Helps Riders Trip up Travs - Frisco RoughRiders
- Offense Silenced in Amarillo, Naturals Fall, 7-0 - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cardinals Stun Hooks with Two Blasts in Ninth - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Offense Struggles in Loss to Tulsa - Midland RockHounds
- RockHounds Rally Falls Short in Loss to Tulsa - Midland RockHounds
- Sod Poodles' Morejon, Baez Receive First Call-Ups by San Diego Padres - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Gonzalez Drives in Three as Cards Top Hooks, 5-2 - Springfield Cardinals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.