NOW Newspapers Senior Soccer All-Stars Announced
MILWAUKEE (Dec. 4, 2009) - Thirty of the best senior boys' soccer players in the metro Milwaukee area converge on the U.S. Cellular Arena for the second annual NOW Newspapers Senior All-Star Soccer Game, Saturday, Jan. 23 immediately following the Milwaukee Wave game against the Baltimore Blast. Kickoff of the Wave game is at 6 p.m.
Sportswriters from NOW Newspapers selected 30 senior boys from the 26 communities they cover to participate in this game. Players were chosen from the eligible pool of seniors, based on their high school soccer performance, character and dedication to the sport.
"We're excited to continue the NOW Newspapers Senior Soccer All-Star Game," said Matt Schroeder, vice president of communications for the Wave. "A big part of the Wave's community outreach is connected to player development, through our camps and the coaching efforts of our players. It's a thrill for us to bring this top talent to the U.S. Cellular Arena."
On Jan. 23, players first will be recognized on the field between the third and fourth quarters of the Major Indoor Soccer League contest. Following the Wave game, the All-Stars will split into two squads for a 60-minute game on the U.S. Cellular Arena field. Wave representatives will coach the teams.
The NOW Newspapers All-Star Soccer Game recognizes some of the very best soccer players and young men the Milwaukee area has to offer, providing a memorable experience to share with friends and rivals as high school days come to a close.
Teams are as follows:
WEST Midfielders: Luke Goodnetter, Brookfield East; Riley Weiner, Muskego; Kevin Ferron, Brookfield Central; Chris Solberg, Brookfield East; Michael Scherer, Germantown; Billy Cameron, New Berlin West; Jacob Bogart, New Berlin Eisenhower; Jose Alcaraz, West Allis Hale Forwards: AJ Patterson, Menomonee Falls; Jacob Pope, Muskego Defenders: Cole Dunn, Brookfield Central; Sam Long, Brookfield East; Erik Kust, New Berlin Eisenhower; Tim Dahl, Muskego Goalkeeper: Jason Twaroski, West Allis Central
EAST Midfielders: Sam Krenzien, Wauwatosa West; Gabe Genovesi, Homestead; Jordan Stein, Wauwatosa East; Nick Tripoli, Oak Creek Forwards: Robert Courtney, Whitefish Bay; Charlie Hoover, Whitefish Bay; Miguel Guiterrez, Oak Creek; Nikolai Miskov, Whitnall; Ross Fieldbinder, Greendale; Marty Schoen, Wauwatosa East Defenders: Luke Davey, Whitefish Bay; Chris Kartheiser, Shorewood; Kevin Brown, Whitefish Bay; Jared Schnoll, Nicolet Goalkeeper: Jacob Bye, Whitnall
• Discuss this story on the Major Indoor Soccer League message board...
Major Indoor Soccer League Stories from December 4, 2009
- 14-Point First Half Triggers Win - Philadelphia KiXX
- KiXX top Rockford, 20-6, at MetroCentre - Rockford Rampage
- KiXX Travel To Rockford To Play Unbeaten Rampage Tonight - Philadelphia KiXX
- NOW Newspapers Senior Soccer All-Stars Announced - Milwaukee Wave
- Grammy-Nominated Matthew West Plays Following Wave Game - Milwaukee Wave
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Wave Bounce Back in St. Louis Sunday Night; Defeat Ambush 6-1.
- Wave Lose Home Opener in Overtime Saturday; Travel to St. Louis to Face Ambush Sunday Afternoon.
- Busy Weekend for Milwaukee Wave; Home Opener Saturday, on the Road Sunday
- Wave Championship Celebration Set for Home Opener December 7
- Wave Defeat Ambush Friday Night in St. Louis