Grammy-Nominated Matthew West Plays Following Wave Game
MILWAUKEE (Dec. 4, 2009) - Thrivent Financial for Lutherans presents Grammy-nominated Christian music artist Matthew West in a concert following the Milwaukee Wave game on Sunday, Jan. 17, 2010 at the U.S. Cellular Arena.
The Wave take on the Rockford Rampage at 2 p.m., and West performs on the field immediately following the game. The concert is free with a game ticket and tickets are on sale today through the Wave office and all Ticketmaster outlets.
West's debut single, "More," was the most played song on Christian adult contemporary radio in 2004. He has received multiple nominations for the Dove Award, the Christian music version of the Grammys. West's latest release, "Something to Say," followed a medical scare in which hemorrhaged blood vessels on his vocal chords temporarily cost him his voice. The album includes "The Motions," nominated on Thursday for a Grammy Award in the Best Gospel Song category.
Driven by a distinctive lyrical clarity, "Something To Say" is a soundtrack for life =8B a powerful reminder that God is speaking every day out of the broken places and pieces of our lives. Produced by Brown Bannister, Ed Cash and Chris Stevens, the album delivers the infectious guitar-driven pop that fans have come to expect from an artist and writer whose songs have also graced projects by Natalie Grant, Mandisa, Mark Schultz and Billy Ray Cyrus, as well as a cut on Rascal Flatts' multi-platinum "Feels Like Today."
West also can be heard on "Give This Christmas Away," the theme song to a new video from the VeggieTales. West co-wrote the song and performs it in a duet with Amy Grant.
For more information on Matthew West, visit http://matthewwest.com. For tickets to the Jan. 17 game and concert, call the Wave office at 414-224-9283 or visit Ticketmaster.com
The Milwaukee Wave professional indoor soccer team is the longest-running soccer franchise in continuous operation in the United States. The team celebrated its Silver Anniversary last season, and operates the largest summer soccer camp program in Wisconsin. For more information, visit milwaukeewave.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Indoor Soccer League message board...
Major Indoor Soccer League Stories from December 4, 2009
- 14-Point First Half Triggers Win - Philadelphia KiXX
- KiXX top Rockford, 20-6, at MetroCentre - Rockford Rampage
- KiXX Travel To Rockford To Play Unbeaten Rampage Tonight - Philadelphia KiXX
- NOW Newspapers Senior Soccer All-Stars Announced - Milwaukee Wave
- Grammy-Nominated Matthew West Plays Following Wave Game - Milwaukee Wave
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Milwaukee Wave Brings in 9-1 Win over Florida Tropics
- Wave Ready for Florida Tropics Saturday
- Milwaukee Wave Brings Win Streak to 4 After Victory over St. Louis Sunday
- Wave Set to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day Sunday Afternoon at Home
- Milwaukee Wave Named Dvision Champs, Secure Playoff Spot After Win against Orlando