North Carolina FC to Face FC Tucson on the Road Wednesday
CARY, NC - Following the first inaugural RailHawks Throwback Night, North Carolina FC will hit the road to take on FC Tucson on Wednesday, October 13 at 10 p.m. ET. The young squad has shown continued improvement and unity as the season progresses, and will look to add their sixth win of the season in Wednesday's contest.
Where to Watch: ESPN+
Players to Watch
North Carolina FC - #22 Aziel Jackson
Posting an impressive performance in North Carolina FC's last match against Chattanooga, Jackson has tallied a goal and two assists in seven appearances this season. Since joining the North Carolina side, the Minnesota United loanee has been a vital contributor to the attack, catalyzing many of NCFC's scoring opportunities with his tactical abilities, passing precision, and field vision. As the season winds to a close, Jackson and the rest of the NCFC squad will look to finish the year on a high note with a win over FC Tucson on Wednesday night.
FC Tucson - #9 Deri Corfe
Corfe has appeared as a member of the FC Tucson starting lineup in 24 of their regular season contests thus far, clocking 1,663 minutes of playing time, scoring six goals, and adding an assist on the season. The Chester, England native has played an integral role in Tucson's climb toward the middle of the table and will look to threaten the NCFC backline and create scoring chances in Wednesday's competition, as Tucson hopes to bounce back from a 2-0 loss against North Texas SC last week with a vital three points.
Last Time Out
North Carolina FC fell short of the Chattanooga Red Wolves in a high-scoring tilt that saw five goals scored amongst the two sides. Pecka and Aziel Jackson each picked up a goal during the match, and Jonathan Ricketts, Jorge Luna, and Mark Hernandez tallied the goals for Chattanooga. Though the result was not in favor of the home side, the match featured an impressive penalty save from Jake McGuire and a stellar performance from Aziel Jackson, who added a goal and an assist during the contest.
Saturday's contest marked the celebration of the first inaugural RailHawks Throwback Night, in which the North Carolina FC side sported RailHawks uniforms and RailHawks merchandise was available for sale. At the conclusion of the match, several former players, including Nazmi Albadawi, received special recognition for their role in building professional soccer in the Triangle area.
When asked how important it was to celebrate where the club started, Head Coach John Bradford said, "I think it's massively important. From a community standpoint and a club standpoint, the club has evolved over the years, and the RailHawks are obviously a huge piece of that. I think what we were trying to stress to our players was just the understanding that there's something bigger than them, and that the club stands for something: it stands for the fans, for the community. There's been so much progress to the club, and it's important for everyone to recognize the hard work and dedication that's gone into that."
Up Next: North Carolina FC will continue their stint on the road to take on Union Omaha on Saturday, October 16 at 7 p.m. ET at Werner Park in Papillion, NE. The match will stream live on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from October 11, 2021
- Fans at Wednesday's Game Receive Voucher to a Second 2021 Regular Season Game - FC Tucson
- FC Tucson Aim to Bounce Back at Home - FC Tucson
- North Carolina FC to Face FC Tucson on the Road Wednesday - North Carolina FC
- Azaad Liadi Named USL League One's Player of the Week - South Georgia Tormenta FC
- Tormenta FC's Azaad Liadi named Player of the Week after hat trick in Fort Lauderdale - USL1
- Revolution II Game Preview: New England Closes Home Slate vs. Forward Madison FC - New England Revolution II
- Resilient Red Wolves Battle Back for an All-Important Three Points in North Carolina - Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
- Triumph SC, Hopkins Eye Center Announce Partnership - Greenville Triumph SC
- Moran, Magalhães Deliver Kickers' Comeback Victory over North Texas SC - Richmond Kickers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina FC Stories
- Max Flick and Nelson Martinez Re-Sign with North Carolina FC
- NCFC Announces Team Awards for 2021 Season
- Nelson Flores Named to El Salvador National Team Roster for Upcoming International Friendly
- Parker O'Ferral Called to U-20 Puerto Rican National Team Training Camp
- NCFC Fall to Greenville Triumph SC in Final Match of 2021 Season