Nicolas Guay Named Sea Dogs Captain
Ahead of their 15th season, the Saint John Sea Dogs are proud to announce overage forward Nicolas Guay as their team captain.
Guay, who recently returned from Montreal Canadiens training camp, was captain of the Drummondville Voltigeurs last season, putting up 40 goals and 87 points. He led the Voltigeurs to a second place finish in the overall QMJHL standings.
Guay has been a captain in the QMJHL since his 18-year-old season.
The announcement came as a special surprise for our most loyal fans at our annual Season Ticket Member BBQ held this evening at Bobby's Hospice.
"When we acquired Nicolas, we knew exactly what we were adding to our group," said Sea Dogs President & General Manager Trevor Georgie. "We were adding experience, professionalism, leadership, and class. He is a role model and he will impact our team as much off the ice as he will on the ice. We are very proud to have him be our Captain this season."
"Nic has been a consummate leader and professional throughout his short time with the Sea Dogs," said Sea Dogs Head Coach Josh Dixon. "He is a role model to our younger players and pushes the older players to be better every day on and off the ice. His experience as a Captain in Drummondville the last two season will be invaluable for our team as we grow together and take a step this year towards post season success."
Saint John opens the 2019-20 regular season at home on Friday night against the Halifax Mooseheads.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from September 18, 2019
- Nicolas Guay Named Sea Dogs Captain - Saint John Sea Dogs
- QMJHL Announces Changes to the Playing Rules - QMJHL
- Home Opener Weekend is Here - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saint John Sea Dogs Stories
- Burns the Hero in Shootout Win over Titan
- Jeremie Poirier Named to Team QMJHL for CIBC Canada Russia Series
- Joshua Roy Named to Team Canada for World Under-17 Hockey Challenge
- Sea Dogs Renew Partnership with Saint John Youth Minor Hockey
- Sea Dogs Blanked in Moncton