New York Red Bulls Sign Jamaican International Cory Burke to MLS Contract
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls have signed Jamaican international forward Cory Burke to a two-year MLS contract with an option for 2025, the club announced today.
"We are very happy to have Cory join our club," said Head of Sport Jochen Schneider. "He is a strong striker that has a lot of experience in MLS and knows our playing style very well and we are looking forward to having him with us."
Burke, 30, has spent the last five seasons with the Philadelphia Union, where he made 93 career MLS appearances and recorded 25 goals and eight assists. The forward set a new career-high in games played with 33 this past season. Burke has made seven career MLS Cup playoffs appearances, where he has scored two goals including one in a 3-1 victory against New York City FC in the 2022 MLS Eastern Conference Final.
"Cory has a proven track record in MLS, and we are very excited to add him to our roster," said Head Coach Gerhard Struber. "He is a strong and skillful forward that we are very happy to have with us."
Prior to Philadelphia, Burke spent two seasons with Bethlehem Steel FC, the Union's former USL Championship affiliate. The Kingston, Jamaica native made 49 appearances and scored 15 goals. Burke began his professional career with Rivoli United, which plays in Jamaica's Red Stripe Premier League. He spent three seasons with the club and scored 25 goals, including 12 goals during the 2015-2016 season.
Burke has made 27 caps for the Jamaican National Team since making his national team debut on September 7, 2016, in a World Cup Qualifier against Haiti. He scored his first career goal for Jamaica against Guyana on October 26, 2016. The forward has recorded seven goals in his national team career. Burke has played in CONCACAF Gold Cup, CONCACAF Nations League, and Caribbean Cup competitions with Jamaica.
TRANSACTION: The New York Red Bulls have signed Cory Burke to a two-year MLS contract with an option for 2025 on November 21, 2022.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 21, 2022
- D.C. United Sign Pedro Santos as a Free Agent - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy to Host 2023 LA Galaxy Foundation Golf Tournament Presented by Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel on Friday, February 10 - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Celebrates Season of Giving Presented by Target with Month of Community Service - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC, Brad Stuver Agree to New Multi-Year Contract - Austin FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign Jamaican International Cory Burke to MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United Re-Signs Eric Dick to New Contract - Minnesota United FC
- FIFA World Cup Roundup: Tracking Walker Zimmerman and Shaq Moore in QatarÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Orlando City SC to Host USMNT vs. England World Cup Watch Party, Purple Friday on November 25 - Orlando City SC
- The ATXFC House to Serve as Hub for Austin Soccer Fans for the Next Month - Austin FC
- Fans to Receive up to 20% off on Tickets with Pink & Black Friday Deal - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Acquire Belgian International Dante Vanzeir from Royale Union Saint-Gilloise
- New York Red Bulls Announce 2023 Theme Night and Giveaway Schedule
- New York Red Bulls Transfer Forward Patryk Klimala to Israel Premier League Side Hapoel Be'Er Sheva F.C.
- New York Red Bulls Announce New Tuition-Free Pre-Academy Program Beginning in Fall of 2023
- New York Red Bulls Drawn into Group with Atletico San Luis and New England Revolution for 2023 Leagues Cup