New England Revolution and Defender Alexander Buttner Part Ways
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution and defender Alexander Büttner have mutually agreed to terminate the player's contract.
Büttner, 31, spent one season with the Revolution in 2020. The Dutch left back made 17 appearances, including 15 starts, with three assists in his lone season with New England.
The MLS offseason continues on Thursday, Jan. 21 with the 2021 MLS SuperDraft presented by adidas. The draft begins at 2:00 p.m. ET, with Round One streamed live on MLSsoccer.com and the MLS app. Rounds Two and Three can be followed via the draft tracker on MLSsoccer.com.
TRANSCATION: New England Revolution and defender Alexander Büttner mutually agree to terminate contract on Jan. 20, 2021.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 20, 2021
- GM Mike Jacobs Prepares for Different 2021 SuperDraft Pres. by adidas - Nashville SC
- LAFC Owns #14 Pick in Thursday's MLS SuperDraft - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Acquire Mexican Midfielder Javier Eduardo Lopez on Loan from Chivas - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Jalen Neal - LA Galaxy
- Sporting KC Signs Three Homegrown Players - Sporting Kansas City
- New England Revolution and Defender Alexander Buttner Part Ways - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Alumni Announced as Finalists for National Soccer Hall of Fame Class of 2021
- New England Revolution Launches Remote Training Team
- New England Revolution Make Two Selections in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- New England Revolution and Defender Alexander Buttner Part Ways
- New England Revolution Re-Sign Goalkeeper Matt Turner