Neville Expresses Excitement over Corentin Jean Signing
Inter Miami CF will continue its 2022 MLS regular season campaign on Monday, July 4 when it takes on FC Dallas in Frisco, Texas. The match, set for 9 p.m. ET at Toyota Stadium, will come nine days after Inter Miami's 2-1 victory over Minnesota United FC, which pushed the club's MLS home unbeaten streak to six games.
In addition to the team's preparation for its clash with FC Dallas, it also gained an exciting new player in 26-year-old French attacker Corentin Jean, whom the club announced Wednesday had signed from Ligue 1 side RC Lens to a contract running through the 2024 MLS season, with club options in 2025 and 2026.
Head coach Phil Neville addressed members of the media before training Wednesday and expressed his excitement with Corentin's signing.
"Today is a special day because we signed a player we have wanted for many months. He's a player with a lot of qualities that I believe we need in our team," Neville said.
"What he brings to the team: we've been talking about the game-changers and we've been talking about the final third of the pitch and I think the signings that we are looking for are to improve us in the final third of the pitch, to give us more options, more quality, and that ability to win games of fútbol...Take nothing away from the boys we've got now because they are absolutely fantastic, and Coco's [Corentin Jean] going to have to come in and play extremely well... I hope the competition will bring an added bit of quality and confidence."
Neville also spoke about the team's mentality and character and how he sees Jean fitting in.
"You look at the players that we've brought in this year, players that probably not many people have heard of but are players that are on our radar, players that fit the characteristics of what we want, which is hungry. We really want hungry players. We have players heading in the same direction, all on the same bus, and Coco fits that more than anything."
Kickoff for Monday night's match at FC Dallas is set for 9:00 and can be streamed on My33, the UniMás App, the Inter Miami app, and on local radio on 790 AM The Ticket.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 29, 2022
- Chicago Fire FC Defeats First-Place Philadelphia Union 1-0 on Wednesday at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Falls in Penalties to Orlando City in the Quarterfinal Round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Nashville SC
- Brenner's Hat Trick Highlights 4-4 Draw with New York City FC - FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City SC Advances to U.S. Open Cup Semifinal Following Shootout Win over Nashville SC - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Blanks Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Cushing Reaction: "Maxi Moralez Was Exceptional." - New York City FC
- Match Recap: FC Cincinnati 4-4 NYCFC - New York City FC
- Neville Expresses Excitement over Corentin Jean Signing - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United Transfer Forward Adrien Hunou to Angers SCO - Minnesota United FC
- Revolution Academy U-19s Advance to the 2022 MLS NEXT Cup Semifinals - New England Revolution
- Keaton Parks Undergoes Surgery for Lower Leg Blood Clot - New York City FC
- Red Bulls Set for Thursday Night Battle with Atlanta United FC at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Finishes Five-Match Home Stand against CF Montréal on Wednesday Evening - Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Crew Signs Columbus Crew 2 Forward Jacen Russell-Rowe - Columbus Crew SC
- Toronto FC Acquire General Allocation Money in Exchange for Homegrown Priority to Jacen Russell-Rowe - Toronto FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- Inter Miami CF Signs French Attacker Corentin Jean - Inter Miami CF
- Injury Report: Two Miss Cincy Trip - New York City FC
- Force Mistakes: Ingredients of the Match - Charlotte FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Domenico Criscito - Toronto FC
- THREE POINTS: Houston Dynamo FC Travel to Oregon for Midweek Clash with Timbers - Houston Dynamo FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Pack DRV PNK Stadium: Two-For-One Tickets for Saturday's Match against Toronto FC
- Academy Duo Nicholas Almeida and Santiago Morales Called up to U.S. U-16 MYNT Camp
- Ezequiel Abadia-Reda Called up to U.S. U-17 Men's Youth National Team Camp
- Inter Miami CF, Jairo Quinteros Agree to Mutually Terminate Contract
- Alejandro Pozuelo Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 25