NBA D-League Daily Developments
January 28, 2010 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
WARRIORS SIGN ANTHONY TOLLIVER TO SECOND 10-DAY CONTRACT
The Golden State Warriors have signed forward Anthony Tolliver to a second 10-day contract, the team announced. Tolliver, 24, has appeared in five games with Golden State since being called-up from the NBA Development League's Idaho Stampede on January 17, averaging 9.2 points and 7.4 rebounds in 29.2 minutes during those five contests.
MAD ANTS ACQUIRE JASON STRAIGHT
The NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants announced that they have acquired Jason Straight. To make room on the roster the team has waived Ron Howard due to injury. Straight was the 5th round draft pick of the Dakota Wizards in the 2009 NBA D-League Draft. He played in 13 games for the Wizards and averaged 11.1 points per game before being waived on 1/31/09.
SKYFORCE ACQUIRES NEWSON FROM JAM
The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced that the team has acquired guard Jared Newson from the Bakersfield Jam in exchange for forward Keith Brumbaugh. Newson has appeared in 20 games (eight starts) with the Jam this season and is averaging 10.6 points and 4.2 rebounds. The 6-5, 215-pound guard has summer league experience with the Memphis Grizzlies (2006) and Dallas Mavericks (2007) and also attended training camp with the Mavericks in the fall of 2007. Brumbaugh spent this past fall in training camp with the Denver Nuggets before returning to the Skyforce. In his second year with Sioux Falls, he has played 23 games (18 starts) and averaged 15.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.4 steals in 31.3 minutes per game.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT HIGHLIGHTS...top performers from Wednesday's games: (See highlights of last night's games at http://youtube.com/nbadleague)
The Red Claws walked away with a win and a franchise record points scored in their first ever game against Idaho. Maine finished the game with six players scoring in double figures, led by Tony Bobbitt with a game-high 31 points to go with seven steals. Alexis Ajinca followed with 25 points and 16 rebounds, Trey Gilder with 22 points and 10 rebounds, Noel Felix with 19, and Will Blalock and Darnell Lazare with 15 apiece. Blalock added 12 assists.
The Stampede's Mildon Ambres scored 27 points to lead Idaho, Coby Karl and Donell Taylor each ended with 23 points and Roberto Bergersen came off the bench to score 13.
Mike Gansey, in his first game back from injury, was the hero for Erie with 25 points including the game winning free throws in the closing seconds. Cliff Clinkscales notched a double-double with 12 points and 14 assists. Jackie Manuel added 19 points and Alade Aminu hit for 16 on the night.
Morris Almond led the way for the Armor with 24 points. Abdulai Jalloh chalked up a double-double with 17 points and 10 assists and TJ Cummings added 18 points in the loss.
ALUMNI ACHIEVEMENTS: A look at NBA D-League Alumni in last night's NBA games:
26 players with NBA D-League experience competed in nine NBA games last night, seven as starters.
As a starter for Houston, Aaron Brooks scored a team-high 22 points. Teammate Chuck Hayes, also a started, added eight.
CJ Watson started and led Golden State with 23 points. Anthony Tolliver added 11 points and Cartier Martin four.
GATORADE CALL-UP BOARD:
Player NBA Team NBA D-League Team Call-Up Dates
Chris Hunter Golden State Fort Wayne 11/20/09
Anthony Tolliver Golden State Idaho 12/17/09, 1/17/10
Mike Harris Houston Rio Grande 12/23/09
Sundiata Gaines Utah Idaho 1/5/10
Cartier Martin Golden State Iowa 1/10/10
Mario West Atlanta Maine 1/12/10
JamesOn Curry LA Clippers Springfield 1/22/10
Cedric Jackson Cleveland Erie 1/23/10
ASSIGNMENT BOARD: NBA Players Currently on Assignment in the NBA D-League
Player NBA Team NBA D-League Team Assignment Date G MPG PPG RPG APG
Alexis Ajinca Charlotte Maine 11/30/09 22 26.0 14.6 7.5 0.4
Malik Hairston San Antonio Austin 1/14/10 7 41.7 31.6 4.1 2.6
Joe Alexander Milwaukee Fort Wayne 1/20/10 2 23.5 8.5 5.0 3.0
J.R. Giddens Boston Maine 1/21/10 4 31.5 18.0 4.5 3.0
Kosta Koufos Utah Utah 1/25/10 1 29.0 16.0 7.0 1.0
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 28, 2010
- Tulsa Falls To Iowa 107-104 - Tulsa 66ers
- D-Fenders Collapse In First Of Two Battles Against The Toros - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Looby's Triple Double Powers T-Birds Past Wizards - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Toros Continue Win Streak After Defeating the D-Fenders, 119-103 - Austin Spurs
- Jeffers' Heroics Push Energy Past Tulsa 107-104 - Iowa Wolves
- Bighorns Acquire Blalock From Maine - Reno Bighorns
- Red Claws Acquire Robinson For Blalock - Maine Red Claws
- Rio Grande Valley's Will Conroy Signs With Houston Rockets, Rockets Assign Rookie Guard - G League
- Conroy Receives Gatorade Call-Up, Replaced By Rockets Assignee - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- D-Fenders Pick Up James Wright, Waive Lawrence McKenzie - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Winder Leads Vipers To Victory In Front Of Record Crowd On Kids Day - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- 66ers Game Vs. Iowa Energy Weather Update - Tulsa 66ers
- Armor Re-Acquire JamesOn Curry - Springfield Armor
- Red Claws Acquire Guard Dominique Coleman - Maine Red Claws
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Red Claws Dancer On Deal Or No Deal - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.