Nashville SC Hands out End of the Season Awards at "Taste of Nashville SC"
NASHVILLE - After an inaugural season that saw multiple records set both on and off the field, Nashville Soccer Club celebrated on Wednesday night at the "Taste of Nashville SC" with food, drink and end of the season awards.
The trophies, made up of a guitar headstock, were awarded to Nashville SC's Young Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Offensive Player of the Year, and Most Valuable Player. There was also a Community Service Award given out as well as a FAN-tastic moment of the season that the fans voted on.
Ropapa Mensah took home the night's first honor as the Young Player of the Year after he scored six goals and added five assists in his age 20 season. Defensive Player of the Year went to the Isle of Man native Liam Doyle after a year that will see Nashville SC finish near the top of the league in every defensive category.
The Offensive Player of the Year award was given to Lebo Moloto for his play at the No. 10 role in the SC attack. Moloto has appeared on the scoresheet more than any other player with seven goals and five assists. To the surprise of no one, keeper Matt Pickens won the Most Valuable Player Award for his leadership and consistently masterful play throughout the season.
Taylor Washington won the Community Service Award for his work at community events throughout the season. Washington has built a strong bond with Nashville and especially the young soccer fans in the city.
The FAN-tastic moment of the season went to Mensah, Bradley Bourgeois and Michael Reed for their role in Mensah's last second game-winner against North Carolina FC earlier this season.
Nashville SC will play its final game of the season on Saturday night at First Tennessee Park against FC Cincinnati with a chance to clinch a playoff spot. Tickets are still available at NashvilleSC.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 11, 2018
- Indy Eleven Match Preview | Indy Eleven at Louisville City FC - Indy Eleven
- Promotions to Highlight Nashville SC's Final Home Game of Regular Season - Nashville SC
- USL's Preferred Supplier Program Adds Bosch - USL
- Nashville SC Hands out End of the Season Awards at "Taste of Nashville SC" - Nashville SC
- Game Preview: FC Cincinnati at Nashville SC - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls II Name Jamie Ponce General Manager - New York Red Bulls II
- Join Us Saturday for Our 2018 Season Finale - Penn FC
- FC Cincinnati's Emmanuel Ledesma Earns USL Player of Month Honors - FC Cincinnati
- STLFC Steps Closer to Playoffs with 1-0 Win over Tulsa Roughnecks FC - Saint Louis FC
- Cincinnati's Ledesma Voted USL Player of the Month - USL
- Roughnecks Host Sounders 2 Saturday in Season Finale - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Lights FC, Vegas Stats & Information Network (VSIN) to Produce Groundbreaking "Bet-Cast" of Regular Season Finale vs. Sacramento - Las Vegas Lights FC
- S2 Earns Point in Home Finale at Cheney Stadium - Tacoma Defiance
- Lights FC Rallies Late to Stun Phoenix Rising FC in 2018 Home Finale, 5-2 - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Two Road Goals Earn Switchbacks FC Draw in Final Game of 2018 - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Moves up to #2 in Latest Power Rankings
- Nashville SC Still in Race for First After Win at Nissan
- Nashville SC Thrives Under Pressure to Earn 2-0 Win over North Carolina FC at Nissan Stadium
- Nashville SC Launches the Nashville SC Academy, Names Jamie Smith as Director
- Nashville SC Clinches Home Playoff Match with 2-0 Win at Nissan