Cincinnati's Ledesma Voted USL Player of the Month
October 11, 2018 - United Soccer League Championship (USL) News Release
TAMPA, Fla. - FC Cincinnati midfielder Emmanuel Ledesma has been voted the USL Player of the Month for September as he recorded three goals and five assists to help lead FCC to its first silverware in club history, the 2018 USL Regular Season Championship, while also setting a USL single-season record for assists in the league's modern era.
Ledesma continued what has been a historic individual campaign with five assists in Cincinnati's opening three games of the month, with his three-assist outing in the club's 4-3 victory against Toronto FC II moving him to 15 assists for the season to surpass the previous mark of 12 assists held by Reno 1868 FC's Chris Wehan (2017) and Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC's Matt Dallman (2013). He then added three goals over the remainder of the month, including a pair of tallies in the 4-1 victory against the Richmond Kickers on September 26 that clinched the 2018 USL Regular Season Championship for the club.
"Obviously, this means a lot to me, I work hard every single day," said Ledesma. "But as I always say, this is a team award. It's a lot of teamwork and a lot of hard work. It should be Team of the Month, not Player of the Month. But, I want to say thank you to my teammates who [have put me in this situation]. They have given me the opportunity to win the Player of the Month."
Ledesma received 51 percent of a weighted poll that included the USL Technical Committee, a national panel of independent media representing every USL market and an online fan vote held at USLSoccer.com. Orange County SC's Aodhan Quinn and the Swope Park Rangers' Hadji Barry finished tied for second with 16 percent apiece after Quinn recorded four goals and four assists to lead OCSC to the top of the Western Conference and Barry scored in all five Rangers games over the month to set a new USL record for consecutive games with a goal, a streak that reached eight games overall.
USL Player of the Month - September
Nominee Fan Vote Weight Media Vote Weight USL Vote Weight Total Vote
Emmanuel Ledesma (CIN) 56% 29% 23% 6% 66% 17% 51%
Aodhan Quinn (OC) 8% 4% 31% 7% 17% 4% 16%
Hadji Barry (SPR) 8% 4% 31% 7% 17% 4% 16%
Josh Cohen (SAC) 26% 13% 0% 0% 0% 0% 13%
Tsubasa Endoh (TOR) 2% 1% 15% 4% 0% 0% 5%
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 11, 2018
- Indy Eleven Match Preview | Indy Eleven at Louisville City FC - Indy Eleven
- Promotions to Highlight Nashville SC's Final Home Game of Regular Season - Nashville SC
- USL's Preferred Supplier Program Adds Bosch - USL
- Nashville SC Hands out End of the Season Awards at "Taste of Nashville SC" - Nashville SC
- Game Preview: FC Cincinnati at Nashville SC - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls II Name Jamie Ponce General Manager - New York Red Bulls II
- Join Us Saturday for Our 2018 Season Finale - Penn FC
- FC Cincinnati's Emmanuel Ledesma Earns USL Player of Month Honors - FC Cincinnati
- STLFC Steps Closer to Playoffs with 1-0 Win over Tulsa Roughnecks FC - Saint Louis FC
- Cincinnati's Ledesma Voted USL Player of the Month - USL
- Roughnecks Host Sounders 2 Saturday in Season Finale - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Lights FC, Vegas Stats & Information Network (VSIN) to Produce Groundbreaking "Bet-Cast" of Regular Season Finale vs. Sacramento - Las Vegas Lights FC
- S2 Earns Point in Home Finale at Cheney Stadium - Tacoma Defiance
- Lights FC Rallies Late to Stun Phoenix Rising FC in 2018 Home Finale, 5-2 - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Two Road Goals Earn Switchbacks FC Draw in Final Game of 2018 - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.