Mystics Acquire Erica McCall
Washington, D.C. - Washington Mystics General Manager and Head Coach Mike Thibault announced today that the team has acquired forward Erica McCall in a trade with the Minnesota Lynx. Washington will send their third round pick of the 2022 draft to the Lynx.
"Erica will be a valuable addition to our post rotation. She is someone who is just starting to reach her professional potential," said Thibault. "We were impressed by her continued improvement last summer with Minnesota and feel like she will take another step forward with us this season."
McCall was drafted in the second round (17th overall) of the 2017 WNBA Draft by the Indiana Fever and spent the 2020 season with the Minnesota Lynx. During her time with the Lynx, McCall averaged 2.7 points per game and 2.5 rebounds per game and appeared in three playoff games with the team.
A graduate of Stanford University, McCall has also played internationally. She is currently playing in Hungary, where she is averaging 14.8 points and 9.0 rebounds.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 5, 2021
- Minnesota Lynx Acquire 2022 Third-Round Draft Pick in Exchange for Forward Erica McCall - Minnesota Lynx
- Mystics Acquire Erica McCall - Washington Mystics
- Phoenix Mercury Re-Sign Free Agent Center Kia Vaughn - Phoenix Mercury
- Charles Re-Signs with Mystics - Washington Mystics
- Connecticut Remains Home for Brionna Jones - Connecticut Sun
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.