Mustangs End With a Bang
MARTINSVILLE, Va. - The Martinsville Mustangs only have two home games left at Hooker Field in the 2013 season, and they are set to finish the season with a bang!
On Friday, August 2, the Mustangs will hold their final fireworks extravaganza of the season when they host the Gastonia Grizzlies. Currently, the Grizzlies and Mustangs are tied with Martinsville owning the head-to-head tiebreaker for the fourth and final Pettit Cup playoff spot in the West Division. Gates for the game will open at 6 p.m. and the first 250 fans will receive a free meal courtesy of Sheetz!
The Mustangs regular season finale will be on Sunday, August 4 as the Mustangs host the Petersburg Generals in the first-ever "Great Community Give-Back Game." Gildan, River Community Bank, Martinsville Smiles, and Subway have worked together and will provide complimentary tickets to all fans! Also, the first 1,000 fans in the ballpark will receive a free hot dog, bag of chips, and soda. Gates will open at 4 p.m. for the 5:05 p.m. first pitch.
Both games could be the deciding factor for the final Pettit Cup playoff spot. Mustangs head coach Matt Duffy is 26-21 after July 15 in the three seasons he has spent with the Mustangs organization. Last season, the Martinsville won their final game to earn the last spot in the playoffs.
• Discuss this story on the Coastal Plain League message board...
Coastal Plain League Stories from August 2, 2013
- Blowfish Win 8-3 over Hi Toms - Lexington County Blowfish
- Marlins Break out of Slump, Sweep Doubleheader with Fayetteville - Morehead City Marlins
- Sharks Fall at Florence - Wilmington Sharks
- Mustangs End With a Bang - Martinsville Mustangs
- HiToms Host the Columbia Blowfish at the Friday 500 - High Point-Thomasville HiToms
- Steamers, Pilots Suspended in Hampton - Edenton Steamers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.