Musketeers Top Lancers 2-0 in Game One of Western Conference Semifinals
RALSTON, NE - The Omaha Lancers were shut out in game one of the Western Conference Semifinals against the Sioux City Musketeers by a final score of 2-0.
In the first period, Ben Doran (12:01) netted the puck past Jakub Dobes for a 1-0 Musketeers lead. Omaha outshot Sioux City after the 1st period, 10-9. Omaha went 0/4 on the power-play in the opening period.
Early in the middle period, Shai Buium (3:04) scored to get Sioux City a 2-0 lead. The Lancers and Musketeers were even in shots with 16 each after the second. The Lancers ended the second period 0/6 on the power-play, and Sioux City was 0/4.
In the third period, the Lancers would pull Jakub Dobes multiple times for the extra attacker but could not get past Schmid. Sioux City held on for the win with a final score of 2-0. Omaha outshot Sioux City 25-19 in the contest.
The Lancers and Musketeers are back in action tomorrow for game two of the series at 4:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from May 1, 2021
- Force Win in Playoff OT Thriller - Fargo Force
- Musketeers Blank Omaha in Playoff Opener - Sioux City Musketeers
- Coronato Tallies Four Points; Steel Sweep Dubuque - Chicago Steel
- Fighting Saints' Season Comes to a Close in Game Two - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Steel to Face Muskegon in Eastern Conference Final - Chicago Steel
- Musketeers Top Lancers 2-0 in Game One of Western Conference Semifinals - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Set to Host Game #2 of Conference Semifinals - Tri-City Storm
- Storm Open Postseason with 3-2 Victory over Force - Tri-City Storm
- Coronato, Latkoczy Lead Steel to Series-Opening Win - Chicago Steel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.