Musketeers Drop WCF Opener
(Sioux City, IA) - The Fargo Force scored three goals in the opening period and never looked back as they topped Sioux City 6-1 in Game One of the USHL Western Conference Finals.
A Jake Braccini goal midway through the first period survived a replay review to give Fargo a 1-0 lead. Cody Monds and Aaron Huglen would each add a goal before the intermission.
Braccini struck again less than three minutes into the second period to put the Force on top 4-0 before Ethan Edwards scored on a one-timer to get the Musketeers on the scoreboard. But Braccini answered back in the final minutes of the period with his third goal of the game and Bear Hughes added a power play goal late in regulation.
The two teams will rematch in Fargo on Saturday for Game Two of the best-of-three series.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from May 7, 2021
- Hat Trick from Braccini in Dominant 6-1 Force WIn - Fargo Force
- Musketeers Drop WCF Opener - Sioux City Musketeers
- Western Conference Finals Series Preview - Fargo Force
- Weekend Preview: Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.