Multi-Home Run Game Not Enough for Legends
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - The Lexington Legends fell in game two to the Hickory Crawdads, 7-5 on Tuesday night. The Legends drop to 58-62 while the Hickory Crawdads improve to 70-48.
In the top of the second inning, Melvin Novoa lined a double to left field then scored on an RBI single by Matt Whatley. Leading 1-0, Jax Biggers drew a walk. With two runners on, Kole Enright blasted a three-run blast and the Crawdads led, 4-0.
Chris Hudgins led off the bottom of the fourth inning with a blast to right field and the Legends were on the board, 4-1. Nick Hutchins then singled and advanced to second on a stolen base. An RBI single by Rubendy Jaquez drove home Hutchins and Lexington trailed, 4-2. A triple by Rudy Martin scored Jaquez and the Legends trailed, 4-3.
In the top of the sixth, Pedro Gonzalez reached on a single then a two-run homer by Melvin Novoa extended Hickory's lead, 6-3.
Novoa hit his second dinger of the night in the top of the eighth inning and the Crawdads led, 7-3.
In the bottom of the same inning, Eric Cole smashed a two run home run to right field and the Legends pulled within two runs, 7-5.
Hans Crouse was awarded the victory tossing 6.0 innings allowing three runs on seven hits while walking one and striking out six. Jon Heasley was given the loss pitching 1.2 innings allowing four runs on four hits while walking two and striking out two.
The Legends and Crawdads meet for the series finale tomorrow at 12:05pm. It's the First Day of Freedom with half priced mixed drinks and multiple parent-friendly raffles.
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Genoves, Winn Lead Jackets Past Greenville - Augusta GreenJackets
- Rodriguez Tallies Career-High Six RBI in 10-9 Loss - West Virginia Power
- 'Birds Win Wild One over West Virginia - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Kannapolis Blanked by 'Hoppers Tuesday Night - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Two Big Innings the Difference for Rome - Asheville Tourists
- Multi-Home Run Game Not Enough for Legends - Lexington Legends
- Columbia's Pitchers Allow Just One Run...And Lose - Columbia Fireflies
- It's Deja Vu All over Again: Dogs Walk off 'Flies to Clinch Series - Charleston RiverDogs
- Matos, Pelletier Key BlueClaws 6-3 Tuesday Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Late Rally Not Enough in Suns Loss - Hagerstown Suns
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 13 at Charleston (Game 117) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- 2019 CSRA Job Fair Set for Tuesday, August 20th - Augusta GreenJackets
- Game Notes (August 13) - West Virginia Power
- Asheville Outlasts Rome 11-6 in Wild Opener - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Lexington Legends and Transylvania Baseball Make Whitaker Bank Ballpark Home Venue for Pioneer Baseball in 2020
- Legends Clinch Back-To-Back South Atlantic League Championships with Late Inning Theatrics
- Hickory Hands Lexington First Playoff Loss
- Legends Headed Back to SAL Championship Series
- Lexington's Emma Tiedemann Named SAL Media Relations Director of the Year