Mudbugs Unveil 2011 Playoff Theme
BOSSIER CITY, LA - The Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs of the Central Hockey League today announced our theme for the 2011 CHL Playoffs, which begin with home games this Friday and Saturday the CenturyTel Center. The theme for this year's run toward the President's Cup will be: "Our Town, Our Team, Our Time."
"We really wanted to inspire a sense of pride in this community and this team among our fans for the playoffs," said General Manager Jason Campbell. "Hopefully this motto will encourage people to get involved in our playoff run and help us make the CenturyTel Center an intimidating place for opponents to play. The support of this community gives us our identity, so we're tying into that to build excitement about a team representing our area that is working toward winning a Championship."
The Mudbugs, who enter the postseason with the #2 seed in the CHL's Berry Conference, will need 14 more victories split over four playoff rounds to win their first President's Cup title in nine years. Their playoff journey begins this weekend with an Opening Round matchup against the #7 Arizona Sundogs. Games 1 and 2 of the series are set for Friday and Saturday at 7:05 pm at the CenturyTel Center.
The best-of-five series will then shift to Prescott Valley, Arizona for Game 3 next Tuesday, April 5 and Game 4 (if necessary) on Wednesday, April 6 before returning to the Ark-La-Tex for a potential Game 5 on Saturday, April 9. The âBugs and Sundogs did not meet during the regular season, making Friday's playoff opener their first head-to-head matchup since December 2009. The Mudbugs have won three of the four all-time meetings between the teams.
Mudbugs playoff packages and group tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by phone at 318-752-BUGS or in person at the team office inside the CenturyTel Center between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. If you have already purchased your playoff package, tickets are available for pickup throughout the week at the Mudbugs office.
Single game playoff tickets are available now can be purchased at the CenturyTel Center box office, through Ticketmaster at 318-741-9700 or online at www.ticketmaster.com. For all the latest team news and information, visit www.mudbugshockey.com .
Season and group tickets are on sale by calling 318-752-BUGS (2847) or by visiting our website at www.mudbugshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2011
- Mavericks Fall to Thunder in Game One, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Defense Stands Tall in Game One - Wichita Thunder
- Mudbugs Unveil 2011 Playoff Theme - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- DeCaro Named CHL Goalie of the Month for March - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sher-Wood/CHL Goaltender of the Month Announced - CHL
- IceMen Weekly News - Evansville IceMen
- Playoff Roster Revealed, Coach Wildfong Suspended - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sher-Wood/CHL Player of the Month Announced - CHL
- Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Month - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mavericks Open Playoffs Tonight in Wichita, Sign Amateur - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Playoff Away Game Watch Partie Announced - Mississippi RiverKings
- Thunder and Mavericks Open Playoffs Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Perugini Added to Playoff Roster - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.