Sher-Wood/CHL Player of the Month Announced
March 30, 2011 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
TEMPE, AZ (March 30, 2011) -The Central Hockey League announced today that forward Sebastien Thinel of the Odessa Jackalopes has been named the Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month for March/2011. Thinel will receive a Sher-Wood/CHL logoed watch courtesy of Sher-Wood and the Central Hockey League to recognize his accomplishment.
This marks the second time this season that Thinel has earned the monthly honor as he was also recognized as the league's top player for the month of November.
In March, Thinel led all players with 15 goals and added 14 assists for 29 points in 14 games played. He was a +11 for the month and helped his team to a 9-4-1 record in March. The St. Jerome, Quebec native scored goals in 10 of the 14 games during the month including a hat trick on March 4 (part of a six point night) and two-goal efforts in three straight games (March 15, 17 and 18). The 2011 All-CHL Team member had points in 13 of 14 games in March and recorded multiple-point games eight times.
Thinel finished the season as the league's top point producer recording 110 points (35-75=110) on the season thus winning the CHL's Joe Burton Scoring Championship award. The 6-1, 187-pound forward was also one of five finalists for the CHL's Most Valuable Player award (an honor he won in 2009) eventually given to Colorado's Riley Nelson.
Other players receiving consideration for the monthly award for March include Allen's Colton Yellow Horn, Arizona's Craig Macdonald, Bossier-Shreveport's Travis Clayton, Colorado's Kevin Ulanski and Kyle Peto, Dayton's Chris Lipsett, Evansville's Jeff Christian, Missouri's Mike Berry and Nick Sirota, Odessa's Todd Robinson, Rio Grande Valley's Darcy Campbell, Texas' Chad Woollard, Tulsa's Jack Combs and Wichita's Troy Schwab..
Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month
Sebastien Thinel, Odessa Jackalopes
Games - 14
Points - 29
Goals - 15
Assists - 14
Plus/Minus - +11
Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Player of the Month - Previous Winners
October - Riley Nelson, Colorado Eagles
November - Sebastien Thinel, Odessa Jackalopes
December - A.J. Gale, Wichita Thunder
January - Chad Costello, Tulsa Oilers
February - Greg Hogeboom, Texas Brahmas
March - Sebastien Thinel, Odessa Jackalopes
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2011
- Mavericks Fall to Thunder in Game One, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Defense Stands Tall in Game One - Wichita Thunder
- Mudbugs Unveil 2011 Playoff Theme - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- DeCaro Named CHL Goalie of the Month for March - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sher-Wood/CHL Goaltender of the Month Announced - CHL
- IceMen Weekly News - Evansville IceMen
- Playoff Roster Revealed, Coach Wildfong Suspended - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sher-Wood/CHL Player of the Month Announced - CHL
- Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Month - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mavericks Open Playoffs Tonight in Wichita, Sign Amateur - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Playoff Away Game Watch Partie Announced - Mississippi RiverKings
- Thunder and Mavericks Open Playoffs Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Perugini Added to Playoff Roster - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.