Mori gets five points in Gens' win over Jacks
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals 5-4 win over the Muskegon Lumberjacks Saturday night at L.C. Walker Arena was the John Mori show.
Muskegon star Robin Bouchard opened the scoring three minutes into the game with an unassisted goal. Two minutes later Dan Lapointe tied the game on the power play with help from John Mori and Pascal Rheaume. A power play goal from Adam Welch late in the period regained the lead for the Jacks who ended the first up 2-1.
Mori kicked off the second twenty minutes of play with a goal on the man advantage, tying the game for the Gens for the second time. The home team took the lead once again with a score from Michel Beausoleil midway through the game. Action heated up with five minutes left in the period behind the Generals net, resulting in four five minute majors for fighting and two ten minute misconducts. The scrum energized the Gens as once again Mori answered tying things up 3-3, this time with a shorthanded goal.
Flint took their first lead of the game 4:44 into the third when Bryan Smolinski took a pass from Mori and found the back of the net for his second goal in as many nights. John DiPace evened things out just passed the ten minute mark. Then with just over one minute left in regulation Mori found the back of the net again, with an unassisted goal. Muskegon got their chances in the final minute but Flint goaltender Rob Nolan stood strong and held on for the win.
Mori's game winner not only completed the hat trick, but it was his fifth point on the night. The Generals went 2 of 7 with the man advantage and Nolan stopped 34 of 38 shots faced.
The two teams meet again tomorrow in Flint at Perani Arena for a 4:00 PM faceoff. It's Kearsly vs. Bentley Pride Night and After the Game Skate with the Generals. Tickets are available at the Perani Arena Ticket Office, by phone at 810-744-0580, or through Ticketmaster.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from February 21, 2010
- Icehawks Top Mallards In A Shootout For Fourth Straight Win - Port Huron Icehawks
- Mallards Rally, Fall To Port Huron In Shootout, Earn One Point - Quad City Mallards
- Puska on Pucks features the AHL Outdoor Classic and the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Mori gets five points in Gens' win over Jacks - Flint Generals
- Port Huron turns back PrairieThunder, 4-1 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals