Icehawks Top Mallards In A Shootout For Fourth Straight Win
QUAD CITY, IL - Nick Lindberg and Tab Lardner both scored in a shootout on Sunday to give the Port Huron Icehawks a 3-2 win over the Quad City Mallards at iWireless Center and extend Port Huron's winning streak to four games.
The game was scoreless until late in the second period when the Mallards' Shane Lovdahl scored on a breakaway at 14:33. The Mallards lead did not last long, however, as Mickael Bedard landed a power play goal at 17:11 to tie the game. Peter Flache and Lindberg assisted.
As the frame wound down, the Icehawks pulled ahead on a Kerry Bowman goal at 19:30. The goal was assisted by Icehawks newcomers Matt Maccarone and Bryan Nathe. The Icehawks outshot the Mallards 18-12 in the second.
Quad City's Chris Lipsett scored on the power play at 11:23 in the third period to force overtime. The Mallards held the shots advantage 13-10 in the final frame.
Shots were tied 2-2 in the five-minute overtime period but neither team found the back of the net, sending the game to a shootout. Quad City's Patrick Levesque scored in the first round of the shootout, but Lindberg and Lardner connected on the Icehawks final two shots to give Port Huron the victory.
A shootout is familiar territory for the Icehawks and Mallards. The teams have now met eight times this season, with six of those games being decided in a shootout.
Port Huron outshot Quad City 35-32 overall. Icehawks goaltender Adam Russo earned the win with 30 saves on 32 shots, while Mallards goalie Kyle Jones made 32 saves on 34 shots.
For game stats: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/gamesheet_full.html?gameid1057746.
The Icehawks return home on Tuesday to go head-to-head with the first place Muskegon Lumberjacks at 7 p.m. Former Red Wing Joe Kocur will sign autographs at the game as part of the Red Wings Legend series.
Single game tickets for all Icehawks home games are on sale now at McMorran Arena Box Office, any Ticket Master location or by phone. For more information, visit www.porthuronicehawks.com or call 810-966-3800.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from February 21, 2010
- Icehawks Top Mallards In A Shootout For Fourth Straight Win - Port Huron Icehawks
- Mallards Rally, Fall To Port Huron In Shootout, Earn One Point - Quad City Mallards
- Puska on Pucks features the AHL Outdoor Classic and the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Mori gets five points in Gens' win over Jacks - Flint Generals
- Port Huron turns back PrairieThunder, 4-1 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Port Huron Icehawks Stories
- Kinney Entertainment Discontinues Icehawks Organization
- Icehawks And E&A Credit Union Saves For Charity Program Raises $1100
- Port Huron Icehawks 2009-10 Season Review
- Stan Drulia Resigns As Icehawks Head Coach After Three Seasons
- Fort Wayne's Goal With 2.1 Seconds Remaining Forces Deciding Game